What watch do you wear?

Associate
Been wearing this for 5 years now:
8085642571_088f76b52b_c.jpg

Nixon 'Rig' if anyone was wondering.

Soldato
If i were to be looking at spending around £1000 on a watch would a tag be my best bet? I would prefer new to second hand

Depends what style you're after, whether you're after an auto or quartz. lots of different options. What are you looking for in a watch?

Associate
Depends what style you're after, whether you're after an auto or quartz. lots of different options. What are you looking for in a watch?

I want it to look nice enough when going out to a restaurant but also not out of place day to day.

Probably safer going quartz as not paying out for service as often.

I want it to have some value if ever I parted with it (obviously your going to lose on any new watch for 1k, but wouldn't mind a 50% return a few years down the line if I wanted to upgrade). At the moment I have 5 watches (2 Armani, 2 Nixon and a Fossil) which at the end of the day are worth next to nothing compared to what I paid.

It also has to be metal strap, preferably not polished as 1 of my polished Armani straps now looked like a brushed one! Silver as well, not painted/anodised.

Soldato
I want it to look nice enough when going out to a restaurant but also not out of place day to day.

Probably safer going quartz as not paying out for service as often.

I want it to have some value if ever I parted with it (obviously your going to lose on any new watch for 1k, but wouldn't mind a 50% return a few years down the line if I wanted to upgrade). At the moment I have 5 watches (2 Armani, 2 Nixon and a Fossil) which at the end of the day are worth next to nothing compared to what I paid.

It also has to be metal strap, preferably not polished as 1 of my polished Armani straps now looked like a brushed one! Silver as well, not painted/anodised.

Steinhart watches are popular, a few people on here have them.

http://forums.overclockers.co.uk/showpost.php?p=25530381&postcount=6575

Soldato
I'd agree with SDK, Juggy1985. Steinharts are nice, I like the Ocean 1 Vintage red a lot. At that price point though it's at my utter most amount of money that I'd part for a single watch. Sapphire glass and swiss movement being it's main points of interest to me.

I just fitted my orange Orient Mako with a black and orange leather strap:

Orient_Mako_Orange_OrangeStrap.jpg

Orient_Mako_Orange_OrangeStrap2.jpg

I really like it, it's a really good match! I think it will be staying on. :cool:

mrk

mrk

Man of Honour
Good news. I said "sod it if I mess it up I mess it up" and started brushing all the polished bits this afternoon. My hands are killing from the repeated motions, I kept the finish the same direction as stock so it all looks neat and like you'd expect from the factory.

Now the watch looks even nicer having no polished stainless steel about.

Bracelet sides were polished like this:
sides_before.jpg

Other side brushed:
sides_after.jpg

Before/After of the middle links:
top_before-after.jpg

And end links:
links_before-after.jpg

Watch casing sides were also polished so brushed them up nicely too and put the braclet back on:
case_side_spread.jpg

Brushed results in detail:
case_side_right.jpg

case_back.jpg
I used a more course pad than a fine one as I prefer visible brush strokes than shinier brushing. Happy!

Back
Top Bottom