What watch do you wear?

Soldato
It's nice but christ.... £7.5K! :eek:

Orient-Ray-Brcelet_Lum.jpg

I ditched the rubber strap on my Ray and fitted the bracelet from the Mako. It's a close call but I think I prefer the Orient Ray to the Mako. Shame I failed to set the correct day, honestly these needy automatic watches ;)

I have my eye next on the Orient Millennium, it's just become near impossible to find.

Soldato
It's nice but christ.... £7.5K! :eek:
A standard Speedmaster Chronograph is £5.5k so the price is justified for this, given that it's all ceramic, has white gold number indicators and is the most desirable 'mainstream' watch in the world right now.

Can I ask are the photos above shopped in anyway?

The colour, contrast and exposure will have been tweaked.
The shallow depth of field effect (background blur) is achieved from using a DSLR camera with a wide aperture lens.

Last edited:
Man of Honour
One of the watches of 2013 - seriously want !!
Omega Speedmaster 'Dark Side of the Moon' : £7,500. Pretty much a year waiting list though, or, £8,500 to jump the queue.

Review here : [url]http://www.ablogtowatch.com/omega-speedmaster-co-axial-chronograph-dark-side-moon-black-ceramic-watch-review/#lightbox/5/[/url][/QUOTE]

It's a lovely watch but the price is just ott for a Speedmaster.

Associate
My daily wear, I don't currently have a "posh watch" I keep saving up, but then other things come along, such as getting married, and now finding out i'm going to be a dad for the first time. So here is my trusty Lorus Chronograph, that cost me £50 about 8 years ago

DSC00780.jpg

Soldato
Great looking watch, but then the Speedmaster is a classic.

Is it me, or have we recently seen a number of watches begin using what looks like a kevlar strap? The first I saw that I fell in love with was the IWC Top Gun Chronograph! Ever since then (in 2012 when it first came on my radar) I've seen a number of watches begin using similar straps.

Christopher Ward Typhoon
Omega Speed Master SE

I think they look great

Associate
Here's my current collection. Hopefully ordering a Steinhart soon, either the Ocean One or Ocean One vintage cant decide.

Edit: From left to right - Nixon "Player" - Armani - Armani - Nixon "Ranger" - Fossil

Associate
I want it to look nice enough when going out to a restaurant but also not out of place day to day.

Probably safer going quartz as not paying out for service as often.

I want it to have some value if ever I parted with it (obviously your going to lose on any new watch for 1k, but wouldn't mind a 50% return a few years down the line if I wanted to upgrade). At the moment I have 5 watches (2 Armani, 2 Nixon and a Fossil) which at the end of the day are worth next to nothing compared to what I paid.

It also has to be metal strap, preferably not polished as 1 of my polished Armani straps now looked like a brushed one! Silver as well, not painted/anodised.

also have a look at Christopher Ward. Sinn at this price might work too.

Id choose an automatic watch from CW, Steinhart, Sinn et al over a quartz Tag any day of the week.

Associate
Just got this..

IMG_0298_zpsc758d5df.jpg

IMG_0315_zps9312c368.jpg

Happy with it :)

Nice watch! I love my Skagen.

36EB4D61-C35F-495F-BC37-FE936C017B00_zps0roygy1v.jpg

Does anybody know where to a buy a hard case to hold a watch? Reason is I cycle to work and have my watch in my bag until I get there, I want it to be a bit more protected from other stuff in my bag and also if I were to fall off my bike onto it.

Cheers

Soldato
Is there a good website to check for Casio G-Shock watches? I want to get one with a 'negative display'. I've found the GW-M5610BC-1ER so far that seems available and I do quite like but I understand there is quite a range

Also do highstreet shops stock all the 'affordable automatics' I'd quite like to get one but I'd prefer to try them first, like Steinharts, Longines, Orient, Seiko.

Infact I'd just take 2StepSteve's collection, that's perfect. :D

mrk

mrk

Man of Honour
An auto will hold more value than a quartz as well. Servicing is a non issue as you don't service it every other year, only when it starts to lose lots of time and by then the case and bracelet will be in need of a refresh anyway so a service will cover that too and you'll get it back as if it was new inside and out.

Soldato
Can I ask are the photos above shopped in anyway?

Not shopped, SDK has covered it. A fast (wide aperture) lens was used to avoid long exposure, notice the seconds hand isn't blurred. Contrast, brightness levels, white balance, sharping and noise reduction were tweaked.

There are a couple of dings on the table that it was rested on, I used a healing brush in Photoshop. ;) That's about it all.

The lume is fantastic on the Ray, it has a blueish tint, it's pretty much that bright in RL. It charges instantly and lasts all night.

Associate
The Bambino looks almost identical to an early 1960's Omega Seamaster. Look up Omega Seamaster 1962 on Google to see. Probably why it looks so classy.

Back
Top Bottom