What watch do you wear?

Saying that I've not done much SharePoint all week :p

I'm working on an internal youtube solution using GPU CUDA encoding with 2x NVidia Tesla M2075s to encode videos for playback via IIS Smooth streaming, pushing the streaming URL back to SharePoint where the UI lives. I basically shout at screens.

Saying that I've not done much SharePoint all week :p

I'm working on an internal youtube solution using GPU CUDA encoding with 2x NVidia Tesla M2075s to encode videos for playback via IIS Smooth streaming, pushing the streaming URL back to SharePoint where the UI lives. I basically shout at screens.

That makes literally no sense to me at all :(

I saw a link posted in here I think where the Orients are cheapish?

Anyone have the link, I can't find it anywhere, I think it was Raymondo that posted it?

Watch Box turned up today from Germany.

Surprisingly it's very good quality, I know there is a lot of tat around when it comes to budget watch boxes but this is very good and far exceeds my expectations for £44 delivered. Glass window, solid box design and the materials used inside and outside of very decent.

I was going to hold this purchase off, but as my collection is rapidly growing I needed somewhere to safely store my precious's. ;)

WatchBox_1_17-01-14.jpg

WatchBox_2_17-01-14.jpg

I'm already thinking about what to fill the bottom right compartment with.. but shhhh. ;)

Slide out the draw below and another 10 compartments appear!

WatchBox_3_17-01-14.jpg

I'll probably use one of these compartments for cufflinks. It's a close fit in this draw, if you have a watch that has a particularly thick case it'll struggle to fit.

Overall a great watchbox!

Im always amazed by your photos Mrk so I did a bit of googling and played around myself. With this result of my every day watch:

zm8bPWEl.jpg

Any tips?

Anything that makes it look like it's not just sitting there tends to work well, so trying to get the strap done up standing on its own (this is pita as it keeps falling over!) - In the end I found a small bit of blutack on one end under the strap where it's standing on the worktop allowed it to not slowly topple over. Then just bounce your flashgun off a wall not directly from above else you'll get too direct lighting and bounce light off the glass a bit too much and get enough reflection to show most of the watch anyway.

I just trial and error and just use what looks cool most times :p The below was one I didn't upload but for ref:

orient-bambino_headon.jpg

I thought that photo was one of his weaker ones - Too much reflection hiding the watch.

I wasn't shooting it for technical merit, more "well this will be a cool photo" ;)

But just for you, less reflection!

orient-bambino_dial.jpg

Back
Top Bottom