What watch do you wear?

Soldato
Due to an Emergency Piggybank Smash I now don't have the money to buy a new watch!! :(

But I found this in my Drawer over the weekend!!

CtnMgsQ.png

Bought it about 18 years ago!! from the 'Russian Watch' website (don't know if it still exists!!) for £44 plus P&P

Should keep me going till I can re-save the £100 for the Seiko or Orient!

Soldato
Prometheus have released their latest diver, been a fan of their watches for some time now and this latest piece is a lot of watch for the money.

http://wornandwound.com/2014/01/22/prometheus-sailfish-review/

When I first saw this I thought it looked plain wrong. But after looking at it a few more times I'm actually really really liking it. It has some very unique look about it, the domed bezel looks amazing.

I'm very tempted. I'd like to get something a bit more special next and I think this could fit the bill. Hmm..

mrk

mrk

Man of Honour
I always read that url as woman world :o

In other news, a guy on reddit said that his Bambino strap started cracking after being worn a week. Now I've worn mine at least a week and it's not been worn in the wet or anything either, I've only worn it to work and back really and this is what it looks like:

rps20140127_112859_749.jpg

Guess I'll be getting a new strap for it sooner rather than later... The leather Orient used on this must have been from a cow that needed to man the **** up.

mrk

mrk

Man of Honour
Yours is black, most likely undergoes a different process?

I really liked the Crown & Buckle soft leather strap that I had on the Mako so will probably get something like that again. Will wear this down properly first though.

Bambino accuracy seems very good though. Appears to gain 1-2 seconds a day.

Soldato
Thoughts on this?

IOqxA1s.jpg

mu0ZsCm.jpg

Sarb017.

I think I like it, it's almost too much though for my personal taste. Boarding close to being gaudy, perhaps.. It definitely ticks the unique box. Anti magnetic, sapphire glass, windable and hacking.

What other automatics should I be considering in this price range?

Last edited:
Associate
When I first saw this I thought it looked plain wrong. But after looking at it a few more times I'm actually really really liking it. It has some very unique look about it, the domed bezel looks amazing.

I'm very tempted. I'd like to get something a bit more special next and I think this could fit the bill. Hmm..

Not sure i could live with the bezel..... but the bracelet looks really nice. i think the bracelet and case sides and crown looks very sinn like in machining. a good thing imo.

Associate
Yours is black, most likely undergoes a different process?

I really liked the Crown & Buckle soft leather strap that I had on the Mako so will probably get something like that again. Will wear this down properly first though.

Bambino accuracy seems very good though. Appears to gain 1-2 seconds a day.

my CW brown leather strap started showing signs of wear like that. i replaced with a brown leather deployment strap which has worn loads better as i guess its being manipulated less.

Soldato
Just come to put my Seiko watch on and the battery is dead. I think i bought it in 2006, so not done too badly.

Has anyone replaced the battery themselves? Seems a ripoff to pay £40 or so for a 2 minute job. I'm thinking of just buying the tool from ebay for £8 and doing it myself.

Man of Honour
My new watch box is here and it is rather nice. I went for tan leather similar to the one that was posted but with the bottom drawer being fewer larger compartments (perfect for straps, bracelets, my quartz and digital sports watches etc.)

Soldato
My trusty nite watch has been used and abused to a point where they cant repair it due to availability of parts (its around 11 years old), however they will give me 30% discount off a replacement :D

I don't need another watch but quite like the idea of another nite as it really was a great rigged daily beater

Im quite taken (despite the polymer strap, which id replace) with the Hawk range :

gR5PwPD.png

JNjVUug.png

Spec:
CASE FINISH Black Polycarbonate
STRAP TYPE Black Polymer
CRYSTAL K1 Mineral
GTLS Hands, Dial and Bezel
MBS No
MOVEMENT Swiss Ronda 515
CROWN TYPE Push in
DIAL DIAMETER 33mm
CASE DIAMETER 51mm