What watch do you wear?

Associate
It's been a very good day as also my Super Oyster 22mm bracelet arrived in the post from Canada today, finally I can ditch the rubber strap on my Seiko SKX007J, rubber straps are evil.

After some swearing (first time using a springbar removal tool) I got it on.

It is lovely! There are countless reviews about this bracelet. They aren't kidding how well it has been machined. Beautiful!

SKX007J_22mmOyster.jpg

SKX007J_22mmOyster_BW.jpg

I loved it so much i bought my own! same bracelet too. I even went for the J model 007 ;)

The bracelet makes the watch IMHO. The rubber strap was a bit naff although comfortable.

2014-01-29 15.16.57 by mikeh501, on Flickr

Associate
Probably nothing I can do but I have a lovely tissot automatic from circa 1995. Sadly whilst out the strap broke off and I lost the piece that attaches the strap to the watch. I have called Tissot who tell me due to the age of the watch that part is no longer manufactured, which I find slightly annoying.

Does anyone know of anything I can do or if there are any 3rd party straps that I could use?

I have searched ebay without success.

Soldato
just in from Omega,I would wear the first black one no problem,

Platinum and Diamonds....mmmmmm

Pre-Basel 2014 - Omega Seamaster Planet Ocean Platinum Ceramic Diamonds
PPY0VM8.jpg

Pre-Basel 2014 - Omega Seamaster Planet Ocean Platinum Orange Ceramic
uvXy5lU.jpg

Soldato
I Saw the Omega press release on those last week.

They are limited to just 8 watches worldwide.
The orange Seamaster PO GMT is the worlds first ceramic orange bezel.
The black Seamaster PO GMT diamond costs around £50k. The case back has the Omega logo as diamonds.

12210826585_c87fac7647_b.jpg

Last edited:
Soldato
I agree - too bling for most.
With only 8 being made you're very unlikely to see anyone wearing it.

Diamonds on a watch?... Pointless waste of money if I ever saw one.

Tell that to every woman who lived. :p

Last edited:

mrk

mrk

Man of Honour
Not that I'd raise an eyebrow if I saw someone wearing one anyway :p

Sorry but such shiny things do nothing for me. Something that looks minimal, classy and professional wins every time in my eyes.

Soldato
I think the odds are more in your favour to be struck by lightning than seeing someone wearing one. :)

Random - but I measured my wrist last night as I really had no idea of my wrist size. Turns out that I am 7.5", which kinda surprised me as I didn't think they were quite so large. I need to be a little careful with picking future watches for the collection!

Associate
Bought this at the same time as Freakitchen got his. Which reminds me, have you paid me yet!? :D

It's a Steinhart Nav B-Uhr 47 Automatic A-Type:

Watch.jpg

It's quite big, probably as big as i can get away with. but so far, very pleased with it. Very simple, which to me is quite appealing!

Been looking at Steinharts website since seeing this, they have some rather nice looking watches. Did you order from Steinhart direct or their UK distributor?

Back
Top Bottom