What watch do you wear?

Soldato
I may have to stitch a lead weight onto the back of the strap to stop it blowing away :p

The MX40 is a replacement for my much loved MX50 that bit the dust and im intending putting the old s/s bracelet on it from the MX50

I know what yo mean about the "plasticy" look - its not as bad in real life - will have to wait and see :)

mrk

mrk

Man of Honour
hirsch_principal-leonardo.jpg

Sod's sake! The curved strap arrived today and it's brilliant, the alligator finish looks very sweet but the sodding spring bar entry is too far recessed in to work with the Bambino as the Bambino lugs are quite thin and short in length so only a non curved strap would really work!

I've ripped and binned the packaging so cannot return it, wondering if I should keep it for a future watch or sell it :/

RSR

RSR

Soldato
I popped by the Omega store on Regents Street, as near by sorting out my suit / coat.

I was pleasantly surprised they adjusted my bracelet on my "Skyfall Ed" Seamaster free of charge, I was pretty shocked at that even though I didn't buy that watch there. So I can wear it a bit more now other then have it sit in the box, which it has done since I bought it.

When asking about the Speedmaster "Dark Side of the Moon", they had one in stock. So naturally I had a look at it. Its a very nice watch and its also a lot lighter than my other PO. They are on a limited run per year and not a limited run in total so I was advised by the sales advisor.

Its differently between this and the Rolex Daytona for my next watch.

Soldato
Seiko Astron - SBXA033 (2014)

I love this watch - it's a technological marvel.

- Accurate to 1 second every 100,000 years
- GPS controlled auto time adjust for 39 time zones
- Domed Sapphire crystal face - 10 hours to polish each watch face.

A touch pricey, £2k, but hopefully this will reduce over time.

12241381994_52d4a4bfe8.jpg

Associate
Seiko Astron - SBXA033 (2014)

I love this watch - it's a technological marvel.

- Accurate to 1 second every 100,000 years
- GPS controlled auto time adjust for 39 time zones
- Domed Sapphire crystal face - 10 hours to polish each watch face.

A touch pricey, £2k, but hopefully this will reduce over time.

12241381994_52d4a4bfe8.jpg

spoke to someone who had one of these and they reckoned it was a bit of a faff to get it to gps set the timezone. lots of arm waving to the sky and multiple minutes. faster to set manually etc. put me off, as i was wow'd by the tech too - still am. sounds like the theory is slicker than the practise.

Soldato
It uses GPS signals from 4 satellites to set the time so I guess it's much the same as a Sat Nav - indoors it'll be rubbish.

There is a mix of quick and delayed Astron time setting videos on YouTube.

As with any tech product. It'll be improved and will come down in price.

Soldato
Citizen Eco-Drive Nighthawk arrived today. I've had an Eco-Drive as my daily for the last 5 years or so. The concept and execution (I think) is just fantastic.

After opening the box and noticing it wasn't running wasn't much of a surprise. But I was a little concerned that I had been sent a dud, as when I jump started it in by laying it near a window and exposing it to the little sunlight we had today, the seconds hand started making funny jittering jumps, unlike the 2 second jumps that I've seen before. Quickly flicked through the manual and realised that it will do a 3 stage hitch motion of the seconds hand to let you know the watch has stopped and therefore most likely has the incorrect time. Panic over. ;)

Citizen_Promaster_NightHawk_BJ7010-59E-In-Box-SS.jpg

Very busy looking dial, but quite rugged and 'manly' looking. The slide rule is.. interesting. Knowing that I can calculate fuel consumption rate is clearly something I'm going to use everyday. ;) :p

Tonight I quickly changed the bracelet to a Hirsch brown strap, I'm not sure if it 100% goes though. Opinions? I'm not as blown away by the combo that I thought I would be. To be honest, I thought the Hirsch strap would be a touch more red in colour. I just think something other than the SS bracelet would really compliment the watch, something with a bit of contrast. Half the trouble could be this is my first brown strap!

Citizen_Promaster_NightHawk_BJ7010-59E_BrownHirsch_Wearing.jpg

Citizen_Promaster_NightHawk_BJ7010-59E_BrownHirsch.jpg

Soldato
And another watch ? How many does that make now in 2014?

What are all those numbers - is it some form of calculator?

Pretty insane dial isn't it? Definitely not to everyone's taste.

It's a slide rule. The crown at 8 turns the outer number ring of the dial, allowing you to make calculations such as multiplication, division and some lesser used aircraft orientated distance/fuel calculations.

The jury is still out with the strap.

Soldato
Ceramic Orange is here, although limited to 8 watches it's can't be long before it goes mainstream.

Definitely a no from me, I actually like the orange planet ocean but that's a bit too much, the orange leather strap tips it over the top for me. I also think divers watches with leather straps is stupid unless like Panerai, they give you a rubber strap and strap tools to change it when you want.

Soldato
It's a platinum delight with platinum numerals, division lines, inner ring and triangle on the bezel. The strap has platinum stitching and a platinum fold over clasp. Not going to be mainstream with that lot.

Obviously not that exact watch - it costs over £40k , I was referring to Orange Ceramic :)

Back
Top Bottom