What watch do you wear?

Soldato
Just sublime. Thank you. Book marked for future purchase.
May I ask where you bought yours from and for how much?

I paid £2,450 as it was on sale in Beaverbrooks from £3,275.

Has anyone had the below happen before?

I've just had to send the Carrera to Tag today for repair as the date only changes at 4am, rather than midnight.

I wore my Oris for most of last week and when I went to wear the Tag (which obviously had no power reserve due to not being worn for a week), I noticed the date was set half way been the 29th & 30th. I don't recall what time the watch was displaying, but with the date about to turnover to the 30th, it must have been between 11pm and midnight.

As the manual states you shouldn't change the date using the quick change function between the hours of 8pm and 2am, I adjusted the time to 6am, but the quick change function wouldn't work. It kept moving towards the 30th but then 'flicking' back to the position between the 29th and 30th. I finally got it to change by pulling the crown out to position 2 (change time) and pushing it back in one step to the quick date adjustment mode, it then allowed me change the date.

Anyone had this issue before on an automatic? I hope they don't try to charge me for any repair as I followed the instructions in the manual.

Man of Honour
The chinese one the british horological institute were selling was about £600 but people quite rated the movement (possibly tough to get parts for though).

Associate
Got huge lust for these pieces. thoughts?

Sinn 103 Flieger Chronograph Model St Sa Ar (Thats Stainless case with Sapphire crystal front and back and the Argon fill with copper sulphate capsule). Id also opt for the german day special order (as pictured) and a count-up bezel not count-down. Both are no-cost special order i think.

Ive had my UX for a week or so now, and the quality of the watch is amazing. its built like a proverbial tank. The 103 has that pilot chrono look and coupled with the polished bracelet centre links is a bit more dressy.

08 by mikeh501, on Flickr

Second up and a little more expensive and of completely different style is the Bremont Master II with orange case sides. Just love the build quality on this again and the splash of colour down the sides for something a little different. Also liking the english design evoking history. pity im too cheap to get the codebreaker thats an amazing piece.

6790381350_225048d0e0 by mikeh501, on Flickr

Soldato
Another one for the watch box. Ordered on Friday lunchtime and arrived today at 2PM :D

It's a Seiko ;)

Seiko_Orange_Monster_SRP309J_Box.jpg

Seiko Orange Monster SRP309J (Gen2) - 24 jewel, 4R36 movement - Hacking and Hand winding.

Seiko_Orange_Monster_SRP309J.jpg

The lume is beyond excellent.

Seiko_Orange_Monster_SRP309J_Lume.jpg

The GF's reaction to discovering that I have bought yet another watch:

Seiko_Orange_Monster_SRP309J_AnotherWATCH!.jpg

DISBELIEF!!

Soldato
That's 8th and it's only 3rd Feb ! lol

The questions is....what does that watch box look like now? :D

She actually dropped the box... I think it was an accident? :D

I've filled the top layer of the watch box now. I think I'm on my way to having all bases covered with the affordable watch corner. ;)

Are the wrist braces so she doesn't break something when she punches you?.

Exactly, brace for impact! ;)

I like those two choices Halestorm.

mrk

mrk

Man of Honour
I'm going back to just the Longines. More than 1 watch is too much faff. Lesson learnt 2nd time round!
Will just get something extra special when it comes to replacing the Hydro in years to come.

mrk

mrk

Man of Honour
It's not broken so I will not be "fixing" it any more :p

Will miss the domed glass and classic look but it doesn't beat the look and feel of the Longines for sure.

Soldato
Will be picking up a couple of nice watches with my annual bonus but in the interim, tempted by an Orient Ray in either raven or black variants. Has anyone had a raven as the blue seems to be the popular choice?

Soldato
It's not broken so I will not be "fixing" it any more :p

Will miss the domed glass and classic look but it doesn't beat the look and feel of the Longines for sure.

I think you're right in some respects, wrong in others.

I feel like you should be able to get by on two watches, but I can see the argument for more. One more sports based, steel strap kind of watch, another more of a nice dress watch, or something at least more elegant on a leather strap for more formal occasions.

I currently have a steel strap watch, which I wear on a day to day basis, a leather strap which I get out for nicer formal events, an old casio g shock, for when I'm doing something more rugged. A very cheap fashion statement watch, which comes out to match an outfit rather than as a nice watch, and finally I've just ordered a Garmin swim, which honestly, will probably become my day to day watch because I swim so much.

Oddly, I feel the orient would have made for a good dress watch for you to compliment the Longines. Then again, something like the Longines (or whatever you choose to replace it with down the line) would make a nice combination with a really nice vintage dress watch.

kd

mrk

mrk

Man of Honour
It did (and does for those who still have it) make a good dress watch and compliments something thicker with form/function like a dive watch but as I said, I ended up not liking that, too much effort/faff.

The hydroconquest is both dressy and sporty and goes well with absolutely everything so I'd rather make use of it at every opportunity until its time is up.

Back
Top Bottom