What watch do you wear?

Soldato
I have quite a few watches now, and found i wear 2-3 weekly and the others very sparsely. Especially a pain with the automatics as i don't have a winder. The plan eventually is to sell them all and buy something really special.

I would love a railmaster, but don't think it could be casual enough for every day use, i'll probably end up settling with a rolex submariner (1680). Nato in the day and S/S bracelet in the evening :)

Soldato
The hydroconquest is both dressy and sporty and goes well with absolutely everything so I'd rather make use of it at every opportunity until its time is up.

Is yours a chrono? I am replacing my daily wear Tissot Couturier with a hydroconquest and in two minds whether to go chrono or not.

Soldato
I think you're right in some respects, wrong in others.

I feel like you should be able to get by on two watches, but I can see the argument for more. One more sports based, steel strap kind of watch, another more of a nice dress watch, or something at least more elegant on a leather strap for more formal occasions.

I currently have a steel strap watch, which I wear on a day to day basis, a leather strap which I get out for nicer formal events, an old casio g shock, for when I'm doing something more rugged. A very cheap fashion statement watch, which comes out to match an outfit rather than as a nice watch, and finally I've just ordered a Garmin swim, which honestly, will probably become my day to day watch because I swim so much.

Oddly, I feel the orient would have made for a good dress watch for you to compliment the Longines. Then again, something like the Longines (or whatever you choose to replace it with down the line) would make a nice combination with a really nice vintage dress watch.

kd

Totally agree! (But I would though :D)

It did (and does for those who still have it) make a good dress watch and compliments something thicker with form/function like a dive watch but as I said, I ended up not liking that, too much effort/faff.

Too much effort to get a new brown leather strap that's straight cut? Wut? I must be missing something! :confused:

Soldato
Anyone know where I could find this watch? It was the first watch I ever bought, around 1999, when i was at college. i saw it in a local sport shop and loved the look of it and so saved up and bought it. Think it was around £50 at the time.

Not to everyone's (anyone's) taste, but I loved it at the time. Brings back some good memories just seeing pic of it lol. I was gutted when i lost it.

360_3c5edbb9f6768083f44642bc5a2c9cd9_zps968e9fc4.jpg

Its an Animal W002 series sports watch. i have searched and found similar watches, but it has to be the exact same one as this. I guess checking ebay often is my best bet?

Associate
I'm guessing as its from quite a while ago it's probably a search ebay job Mark...I know thewatchshop sell Animal ones but I think Animal update the range fairly regularly...the other suggestion I can make is contact Animal directly and ask if there are any available anywhere they know of.

mrk

mrk

Man of Honour
Is yours a chrono? I am replacing my daily wear Tissot Couturier with a hydroconquest and in two minds whether to go chrono or not.

Sorry mine is the original non chrono automatic (39mm).

Too much effort to get a new brown leather strap that's straight cut? Wut? I must be missing something! :confused:

No idea what you're on about here?

After a couple weeks I found it a hassle swapping watches every other day. Simple as that. Yes I did the same a year ago with the Mako & PRC-200 but this time thought things may be different... They weren't. I'm more than happy enough with the Longines and changing from bracelet to carbon leather to G10 Nato every few weeks though. Same watch, different band so different aesthetic which covers casual/formal/sporty.

mrk

mrk

Man of Honour
Ah no, I was perfectly happy with the strap lol, even if it did start to crack it felt and looked great still. In fact it is way more comfortable than the Tissot leather strap that originally came with the PRC200.

Yeah one watch, various bands :)

Hey, on another note, because of this if I ever fall overboard at work then I can swim to safety with a working watch too :p

mrk

mrk

Man of Honour
Yup yup yup!

On a semi related note, one of the straps I ordered came with something extra today. This was from Edde at Timefactors who I've read a lot of good things about so thought I'd ask for a dinosaur drawing where it's wearing a Nato on a Seiko for laughs.

Wasn't disappointed :p

UrE6oiQ.jpg

Associate
Had a really bad day on Monday (after a string of bad days) so inevitably hit the shops and bought a couple of watches - one rather more expensive than the other. Wearing this one today (stock image unfortunately as the dial simply won't let me photograph it). Absolutely love it for its simplicity. I saw one of these a number of years ago and decided that one day I would get one to pass on as an heirloom.

o6w4fb.jpg

Soldato
I'm guessing as its from quite a while ago it's probably a search ebay job Mark...I know thewatchshop sell Animal ones but I think Animal update the range fairly regularly...the other suggestion I can make is contact Animal directly and ask if there are any available anywhere they know of.

Thanks, i'll keep an eye out on ebay then. Have saved the search so should get emailed if any new listings are added.

Seems to be quite a sought after retro watch and looks as if some have sold for £80 in the past! :eek:.

Soldato
Had a really bad day on Monday (after a string of bad days) so inevitably hit the shops and bought a couple of watches - one rather more expensive than the other. Wearing this one today (stock image unfortunately as the dial simply won't let me photograph it). Absolutely love it for its simplicity. I saw one of these a number of years ago and decided that one day I would get one to pass on as an heirloom.

Get some pictures up anyway.

Soldato
Birthday gift from the missus this morning...

Been after a new watch for a long time. Had a Swatch Skin for a good 5 years but stopped wearing it towards the middle of last year.

Not as plush as some of them i've seen on here but still! ... I like it!

Pardon my fur.

Back
Top Bottom