What watch do you wear?

Associate
Birthday gift from the missus this morning...

Been after a new watch for a long time. Had a Swatch Skin for a good 5 years but stopped wearing it towards the middle of last year.

Not as plush as some of them i've seen on here but still! ... I like it!

Pardon my fur.

I Love Skagen Watches, The ultra thin ceramic ones are my favourite

mrk

mrk

Man of Honour
I know we have a few nato strap fans here so here is my latest addition which arrived today from timefactors. The colour match is spot on with the dial and bezel, suits it nicely. The buckle and rings are brushed 316L stainless steel and the canvas is of good quality, bit thinner than a Maratac but feels the same strength. This watch is set for anything now :D

KyhNj74.jpg

Last edited:

mrk

mrk

Man of Honour
39mm without crown, the straps are all 20mm (except the bracelet which is 19mm). I think the Nato definitely makes it look more like a workhorse tool.

Soldato
I swear my mates hydro is the same size as my SMY (42mm) do they do a larger version?

Here's my collection of straps at the moment, i've actually been looking to get a blue nato in a similar colour to yours for my blue SKJ.

12327683015_38e6ef7464_c.jpg

mrk

mrk

Man of Honour
I swear my mates hydro is the same size as my SMY (42mm) do they do a larger version?

Here's my collection of straps at the moment, i've actually been looking to get a blue nato in a similar colour to yours for my blue SKJ.

[]http://farm8.staticflickr.com/7333/12327683015_38e6ef7464_c.jpg[/img]

How do you choose which one!

Yeah they do 2 sizes, the updated model only comes in 41mm (bracelet version) although strangely the black dive strap version comes in 39mm. The original version came in both 39 and 41mm.

Soldato
Yup yup yup!

On a semi related note, one of the straps I ordered came with something extra today. This was from Edde at Timefactors who I've read a lot of good things about so thought I'd ask for a dinosaur drawing where it's wearing a Nato on a Seiko for laughs.

Wasn't disappointed :p

UrE6oiQ.jpg

ahhhh I was wondering who it was, should have known it was you Robbie :D

Soldato
How do you choose which one!

Yeah they do 2 sizes, the updated model only comes in 41mm (bracelet version) although strangely the black dive strap version comes in 39mm. The original version came in both 39 and 41mm.

Most of them live on a watch, but theres a couple i swap and change. The green & black natos are 20mm and live on my topgun. Yellow, grey, and bond nato are for my seiko divers, black zulu is for my citizen diver. The actual straps don't really get used. Got five SS bracelets that i switch around with too :p

Soldato
Arrived today. All going well will basically become my daily wear as I'm too lazy to take two watches out of the house with me!

eDWvsdml.jpg

Admittedly not the most fashionable, but none the less, very functional. Still need to try it out properly mind you...

kd

mrk

mrk

Man of Honour
ahhhh I was wondering who it was, should have known it was you Robbie :D

Ah you work for them?!

Most of them live on a watch, but theres a couple i swap and change. The green & black natos are 20mm and live on my topgun. Yellow, grey, and bond nato are for my seiko divers, black zulu is for my citizen diver. The actual straps don't really get used. Got five SS bracelets that i switch around with too :p

5 bracelets! You're like the alternative randomshenans, instead of drawers of watches, drawers of straps/bracelets :p

alx

alx

Soldato
Any thoughts on this?

I am guessing titanium is pretty scratch resistant? Any thoughts on another watch of the same price bracket?

http://www.firstclasswatches.co.uk/..._country=222&gclid=CPLZy_rgtbwCFQ3JtAodDwoAGg

Don't fall into the trap of thinking Titanium is more scratch resistant than steel, the hardness of steel tends to be greater than that of titanium. However if a high grade of titanium is used it will be as scratch resistant as steel (bit it's probably only used on high end watches).

Caporegime
Any thoughts on this?

I am guessing titanium is pretty scratch resistant? Any thoughts on another watch of the same price bracket?

http://www.firstclasswatches.co.uk/..._country=222&gclid=CPLZy_rgtbwCFQ3JtAodDwoAGg

Can tell you now that titanium in no way, shape or form is scratch resistant and neither is it impervious to nicks and dents.

I know this as i have a Breitling titanium watch, have had it for close to 10 yrs now that has a few scratches and dents in it but nothing too serious. Which reminds me i need to send it off for a service and battery change...probably get the scratches and dents fixed up as well. Last time i did it, i was charged £500 :eek: but that was about 5 yrs ago iirc.

Back
Top Bottom