What watch do you wear?

Soldato
Skidder any help would be much appreciated, I have got all the bits to put together a watch. I have fitted the dial and hands. I have removed the stem and trying to case the watch except the movement ring isn't holding the movement securely.

If I fit the movement and ring in the case, the movement rattles around and the dial touches the inside of the glass. To get around that you can fit the movement from the back of the ring and then try and fit the dial from the other side but then you can't open the dial levers to secure the dial so that obviously is not correct.

How do you secure the movement so that the movement doesn't move forward towards the glass?

Associate
I've got a itch for a new diver and was looking at these three, I'd be grateful for any opinions.

Currently I'm leaning towards the smith prs-68 due to my fondness of old seiko diver designs, But I like the value for money the obris morgan explorer offers.
And finally the raven deep tech just because I've got a thing for tudor ********* clones.

Soldato
Thinking of treating myself to a nice watch in the next month or so. I've always wanted an Omega - anything else to possibly look at?

Looking at the Blue Omega Seamaster 300M (212.30.41.20.03.001). I do like the Speedmaster Professional Moon as well, but should i stick to Seamaster at the ~£2.5-2.7k mark?

yEFRQfR.png

1SzBM01.png

Not sure I'd spend over two grand on it, but do quite like the Baume & Mercier M0A10003 too;

HAXpnAw.png

Wanting to stay between 40-42mm

Soldato
I looked at the Speedmaster but wanted a watch that was simple, clean and uncomplicated. The Seamaster 300m is therefore the perfect choice. They retail at £2,770 but if you shop around you can get discounts.

I got my mine from Swiss Watches Direct for £2,165 + P&P (212.30.41.20.01.003)

Pez

Pez

Soldato
First foray into the world of watches, and could do with a lite advice folks...

I'm looking to spend around £100 on something that I can wear both at work, and casually. Not a fan of busy looking faces, and ideally don't want anything that weighs a tonne ;)

Also not a fan of gold... Can anyone give me a few recommendations? :)

Soldato
Nearly finished putting together my first watch, just need to order some movement clamps to complete it. Quite pleased with the result but more pleased that I didn't kill anything on my first attempt.

Its based on the Seagull version of the ETA 2824.2 auto movement. Sorry for the rubbish photos

The bits

Soldato

I'm looking to spend around £100 on something that I can wear both at work, and casually. Not a fan of busy looking faces, and ideally don't want anything that weighs a tonne ;)

Have a look at these lot!!!...

Seiko 5 Automatic Watches (Creation Watches) :cool:

Soldato
Thinking of treating myself to a nice watch in the next month or so. I've always wanted an Omega - anything else to possibly look at?

Looking at the Blue Omega Seamaster 300M (212.30.41.20.03.001). I do like the Speedmaster Professional Moon as well, but should i stick to Seamaster at the ~£2.5-2.7k mark?

yEFRQfR.png

1SzBM01.png

Not sure I'd spend over two grand on it, but do quite like the Baume & Mercier M0A10003 too;

HAXpnAw.png

Wanting to stay between 40-42mm
My Dad has this, it's absolutely lovely. Would be my watch of choice at the moment over anything else.

Associate
Got a Vostok Amphibian for use when I'm out on the water so I don't wreck my other watches. I really like it, especially with a NATO strap.

IMG_1833_zps6c934381.jpg

IMG_1837_zps3c8e5bea.jpg

Soldato

There's a lot of choice for this amount of money. Would you like a quartz or an automatic? You definitely need to check out Seiko/Citizen and Orient. I'll be surprised if you can't find something in their range that you like.

Thanks very much, actually really like the SNZG15 as per a poster above! Although I also liked the SNZG09, but am struggling to see the differences between the two?

Anyone?

As Simian stated, the only difference is the colour of the dial and strap. I've taken a real liking to mine.

Back
Top Bottom