What watch do you wear?

Soldato
Couple shots of my Parnis auto that arrived today :)

12615668323_39a77a1764_o.jpg

12615964144_8c9bba638e_o.jpg

mrk

mrk

Man of Honour
Maratac Nato arrived today but they've sent me the 22mm instead of 20mm. That sucks. I've emailed them (westcoasttime) as it's not usual for them to make this kind of mistake.

Soldato
These Parnis watches, bang for buck and looks seem to good to be true? On ebay from Hong Kong, are they legit?
I've ordered one, so I bloody hope so :D

They seem to get reviews from around the web, and the ebay guy is the same guy who runs the parnis website I have seen. So it seems pretty legit. The comms I;ve had with the guy have been good, even though his english is a bit hit or miss :p

mrk

mrk

Man of Honour
Ah seems to be ETA 2936-2 - Which is the same as the hugely popular and reliable 2824-2 but with added day function to the date. Seems very cheap for that kind of movement too though, some ETA sites report that the Asian market have very good clones of the 2836 as well!

Soldato
Ah seems to be ETA 2936-2 - Which is the same as the hugely popular and reliable 2824-2 but with added day function to the date. Seems very cheap for that kind of movement too though, some ETA sites report that the Asian market have very good clones of the 2836 as well!
That gives me some confidence :p

I'm not expecting too much from a £65 watch from Hong Kong, but it actually sounds like it might be quite the buy, for a daily wear watch anyway.

Associate

Can you elaborate mrk, what should I be looking at purchasing?!

mrk

mrk

Man of Honour
As long as the metal on the casing doesn't start to fade or reveal cheap stainless steel finishing after you get a scuff on it underneath then it seems it's rather a bargain and looks good too.

Can you elaborate mrk, what should I be looking at purchasing?!

You mean the Parnis or in general?

Associate
As long as the metal on the casing doesn't start to fade or reveal cheap stainless steel finishing after you get a scuff on it underneath then it seems it's rather a bargain and looks good too.

You mean the Parnis or in general?

Parnis, looking at the submariner ones, are they worth the trouble?

Soldato
I've ordered one, so I bloody hope so :D

They seem to get reviews from around the web, and the ebay guy is the same guy who runs the parnis website I have seen. So it seems pretty legit. The comms I;ve had with the guy have been good, even though his english is a bit hit or miss :p

Parnis legit ?

Surely there aren't fakes of parnis who are skirting very close to fakery themselves

mrk

mrk

Man of Honour
Yeah £65 is £65 and a bit of a bargain that if it does break you're not going to be "too" bummed out. But more than that and really you have to ask yourself would it be better just getting a genuine article instead as mentioned above?

Back
Top Bottom