What watch do you wear?

mrk

mrk

Man of Honour
£164 to just re-lume in blue? Absolute madness IMO! But go for it :p

It is, it's absolute bonkers but hey, I like this watch too much to even care!

The lumed areas on the dial are delicate and as such a large portion of that cost is down to that. Jay appears to be renowned for high quality craftsmanship and having done some research it runs in the family, this is good reassurance for that cost too.

So what do we think, is it worth spending £164 to make an £800 watch a bit prettier? I think so, it makes it more personal and tastefully so. Maybe one day I will sell it or maybe I won't but if I do at least I know it will have a very USP but until then I've got a watch that is not like the others in a number of ways now.

Last edited:
Soldato
I still think you're mad tbh :p

I won't deny that blue looks pretty; but your eyes will find it more difficult to see this colour hours after charging. There's a reason why lume is mostly green. If you're ok with this, then OK ;)

This aside.. I'd still worry that something may go wrong with the delivery or a potential not so great job/damage.

mrk

mrk

Man of Honour
I thought of it more like the equivalent of reinstalling Windows on 8 customer's computers :cool:

I still think you're mad tbh :p

I won't deny that blue looks pretty; but your eyes will find it more difficult to see this colour hours after charging. There's a reason why lume is mostly green. If you're ok with this, then OK ;)

This aside.. I'd still worry that something may go wrong with the delivery or a potential not so great job/damage.

That's what insurance is for!

His work is warranted for 90 days though and I've not read a bad review on forums. By all accounts guy knows what he's doing and his house looks rather spiffing on streeview :o

As for not seeing the lume after some hours, totally depends on the number of layers. The orientuhren modded Mako I had used layered blue SuperLuminova, that was visible for hours :p

Associate
Got my Citizen Altichron from Creation. UK RRP £595, got it for £302:

cyq1.jpg

Associate
It's pretty cool to have those things in a watch but they must make it bulky and I don't think I would actually use those functions.

It's pretty chunky - 49.5 mm wide and 16 thick, but pretty light as it's titanium. Pretty comfortable on the rubber strap - which is the nicest rubber strap I've had.

TBH I don't need the functions - I'm not a mountaineer! Just like the technology and the way the watch looks.

Soldato
argh made a post and had some weird timeout error... so typing it again....

damn you watch thread! you've roped me in! with thanks to 2stepsteve, I've got hold of the same decent watch box and dug out all my old watches. Sent the broken ones away for repair and looking online for some new straps.

I've also ordered a parnis. And have my eye on a Tissot posted on here earlier. PRS516 with the blue face. And I want an Omega Seasmaster 300, blue, with a NATO bond strap.

Damn it, this thread is going to cost isn't it!!!

Pics to follow once the stuff comes back from repair / new batteries and the like.

Soldato
argh made a post and had some weird timeout error... so typing it again....

damn you watch thread! you've roped me in! with thanks to 2stepsteve, I've got hold of the same decent watch box and dug out all my old watches. Sent the broken ones away for repair and looking online for some new straps.

I've also ordered a parnis. And have my eye on a Tissot posted on here earlier. PRS516 with the blue face. And I want an Omega Seasmaster 300, blue, with a NATO bond strap.

Damn it, this thread is going to cost isn't it!!!

Pics to follow once the stuff comes back from repair / new batteries and the like.
BUY BUY BUY BUY BUY BUY BUY :D

Back
Top Bottom