What watch do you wear?

mrk

mrk

Man of Honour
Must be the clone etas then as the site says eta 2836 and comparison sites say they're often good clones though. For well under 100 I wouldn't really be concerned either way if it was a clone :p

Soldato
Must be the clone etas then as the site says eta 2836 and comparison sites say they're often good clones though. For well under 100 I wouldn't really be concerned either way if it was a clone :p
That's my thinking :)

It's likely to get banged around anyway being an everyday piece; it looks nice and hopefully will feel nice on the wrist so that's a win in my book :)

Associate
seamastergy8.png

I also wear my Omega Seamaster (manual). It hasn't really been off my wrist for 3 years. I even started diving in it as of last year so it's living up to it's full potential!

Soldato
Enjoy Simian :)

alexisonfire - I really like like that Parnis!

Very tempted by a Parnis (very!). The 'brand' has a great and varied range which for the price, can't be ignored. The movement definitely isn't an authentic ETA! You definitely can't expect that with a ~£70 watch. However, I'm tempted by a number of them. If you get a decent one, with a decent movement they seem very reliable from what I've read.

Parnis is a brand that isn't owned/controlled/made by a sole company, they are produced all over China in various factories. I'd be a little cautious about buying one through ebay from an unknown seller. There are lemons out there, some factories like producing more of them than others.

I am trying to be a little more wise with the next move. My collection has exploded with a massive bang in the last 2 months, I've covered pretty much all bases in the affordable range. Digital, atomic digital, dressy, sport, causal, diver, pilot...! There are a couple of pieces that are difficult to obtain right now that are on my list to acquire, Chinese pieces mostly.

I think I'm going to step up a little next. Initially, I was thinking about the Seiko Alpinist; I came very close to hitting the buy button late last month, the quote and paypal payment confirmation from Chino Watch Japan were sent through and it was on. But a last minute U turn occurred. The smallish size put me off enough. The Seiko Cocktail Time also has my my attention, it looks absolutely gorgeous! However the price tag is somewhat difficult to swallow. Plus, I already own three Seikos and I'd like to break away from Seiko for now.

I'd like to have something in the box that's Swiss, but affordable. I'm looking at you Steinhart. :p - Not sure which!?

Last edited:

mrk

mrk

Man of Honour
Why not a Helson?

Just saying :p They average around $600 inc shipping which is mid £300 range translated. They use Miyota and ETA movements too.

Doxa appear to do very nice watches too.

There's also Laco: https://shop.laco.de/

Edit*Always thought they were in the reasonable price range, guess not haha.

Last edited:
Soldato
Enjoy Simian :)

Cheers Mate!! :)

Still getting used too the weight of this thing!! Gonna have one muscly arm!! :D

Also impressed by the Lume! I noticed that it was still (slightly) illuminated this morning at 5am... I'd not realy been out anywhere 'bright' yesterday! and went too bed at 10pm so 7 hours...

And then this after only 5 seconds blast from my Cree LED torch, Just too see!!...

JBlp2vi.png
It's quite Bright!! (taken on my Nexus 4 Potato-Cam) :cool:

mrk

mrk

Man of Honour
I've enquired about re luming and installing a domed crystal to my watch with a watchmaker in America that was highly recommended by someone on reddit. Lume with blue SuperLuminiva comes to $210 inc shipping and dome is $96 but won't be AR coated so I'm just considering the lume upgrade.

As mentioned before it's not a watch I intend to ever get rid of so making it that much more personal has a certain appeal. They said the cost for lume is high because of the type of dial it is, cost goes up when you have markers with polished surrounds + number s that are lumed and also the type of watch and brand too.

Hmm.

Last edited:

mrk

mrk

Man of Honour
They don't have blue lume which I prefer plus personally I'll stick to the styling of the v1 HydroConquest :p

I'm going to opt for blue "nuclear" lume, lume that's not far off tritium when charged :D

mrk

mrk

Man of Honour
Hirsch have the Carbon leather waterproof.

For Nato go via Time factors G10. Good quality and affordable in price.

Edit*
So $275 inc insured shipping (£164) for re-luming the whole dial, bezel pip is free if the old pip can be scraped out and new lume pip plopped in else $25 as the insert has to come out. I'm fine with that. Blue HydroConquest is going to get blue lume :D They will be using Noctilumina white (glow blue), which looks like this:
therelumerSM.jpg

The minute hand will be lumed green to give contrast.

There's only one downside, no estimated timescale on how long the job will take as they're so busy it could take several weeks. Gotta sacrifice something I suppose :p

Last edited:
Back
Top Bottom