What watch do you wear?

Associate
And there's http://www.steveostraps.com/ he make's some great custom straps if you have something specific in mind. Good prices as well.

Loads of choice, watchobsession, timefactors, bablas, any well known jeweller will be able to order in for you as well.

Hirsch probably do the best bang for buck high quality leather straps from normal to waterproof and Crown and Buckle also do high quality and ship fast from overseas. They offer a wider range of leathers and styles as well. The smell and feel of C&B is richer, I bet the cow that once had skin was a damn fine cow.

Steveo is brill for chunky straps (and a nice chap). Banda is great for all types of custom straps. I have a nice croc from him on my memovox. More expensive than some of the branded options mrk mentions but if you want something a bit special still cheaper (and just as good) as the high end OEM straps. http://www.abp-paris.com/ ABP are also very good but prices are a bit eye watering.

Great, thanks for the help!

Soldato
Interesting array of straps. How do you change straps on your watch though? I've had a look at mine and none have any obvious pins to push out in order to remove the current strap.

mrk

mrk

Man of Honour
Oh a leather strap. Yes you simply wedge the spring bar removal tool between the lug and strap and gently ease a gap and push down on the spring bar's notch while pulling the strap until it comes out.

Associate
I have just rescued one of my old Seiko 5's - it was losing 10 min a day so with bit of the tube help took mech out - sprayed it with brake cleaner - few spots of 3 in 1 oil and it's working fine - spot on after 24 hrs, Got another work watch back again - for how long remains to be seen - Had no joy with an even older Seiko 5 but might try again in future.

Kidloco.

I got stung £45 from UPS for vat on my own watch coming back from US after being repaired. -

Dave

Roughly the same as how i serviced my Orient , that was running about a minute slow a day , i had a poke at that spinning springy thing as well.

Soldato
Associate
I missed your above post. Glad you managed to get one, enjoy it :)

It's only the 4th and I have three new pieces in bound. :o

A lot of people did have problems too with this model, but wasn't put off tbh, with the looks and price of it.

And I'd probably buy another watch when this gets worn,breaks,lost,stolen,explodes,dissolves.

Soldato
Well my Parnis arrived today. Was pretty shocked by the weight of the thing. Feels very substantial. Looks very nicely made as well. Was easy enough to adjust thanks to having proper screws on the strap links. It does however suffer from what a lot of metal strap do for me though. I have skinny wrists, but fairly big hands. So when I adjust the strap small enough for the wrist. Getting it on and off my hand a right royal pain in the backside.

Last edited:
Back
Top Bottom