What watch do you wear?

Soldato
I can tell you that the Parnis actually keep better time than the Steinhart actually, so much for Swiss movement eh.

it will be interesting to see how long that will remain the case

generally the issue with mass produced cheap mechanical watches is that their longevity is compromised.

Im sure you dont mind, as you say it was only £65, but id wait say 6 months before saying it keeps better time that the steinhart

Soldato
zGqvi8l.jpg

Reinforcements have arrived. ;) - Just delivered to my work.

From the same company as my smaller 20 watch case but this has 24 compartments which are all usable for watches. The smaller case has limited clearance in the bottom draw therefore only small watches can fit. Great for cufflinks though.

Oh and in the bottom box there's another one of the above case! So 48 spaces for watches, add in the smaller box and that gives space for potentially 68 pieces.

My watch storage needs are fulfilled :D

Soldato
I have a question

In just over a year it's going to be my 21st birthday. My folks and family have always wanted for me to get a watch for either my 18th or 21st, and seeing as the former has past it must be for my 21st!

The reason I'm bringing this up so far in advance, is because i'd like to contribute towards the purchase, so that I can get something that I've dreamed of getting.

My first thoughts have been towards a speedmaster, preferable with a leather strap. I've seen a few auto speedmasters go for under 1k, used of course. But, I've read that the Professionals are the pieces to get if you're going speedmaster.

For around 1-1.5k, what would you say that I could be looking at? Preferably I'd like one of the big brands (because i'm shallow and want it ;)).

I also like the look of the Rolex Explorer if that helps; and the Breitling Transocean Chronograph 1461

Thanks chums.

Caporegime
I have a question

In just over a year it's going to be my 21st birthday. My folks and family have always wanted for me to get a watch for either my 18th or 21st, and seeing as the former has past it must be for my 21st!

The reason I'm bringing this up so far in advance, is because i'd like to contribute towards the purchase, so that I can get something that I've dreamed of getting.

My first thoughts have been towards a speedmaster, preferable with a leather strap. I've seen a few auto speedmasters go for under 1k, used of course. But, I've read that the Professionals are the pieces to get if you're going speedmaster.

For around 1-1.5k, what would you say that I could be looking at? Preferably I'd like one of the big brands (because i'm shallow and want it ;)).

I also like the look of the Rolex Explorer if that helps; and the Breitling Transocean Chronograph 1461

Thanks chums.

Why not a PRS Custom 24 with a 10 top? ;)

looking through this thread, could you post some examples that you like ?

Soldato
I was happy enough going away that for less than £1000 I had a watch that felt and looked every bit as special as they did and the only difference really being that the movement inside was an ETA and not in house.
The only difference being the movement - not much then, that's irrelevant :p

Man of Honour
I have a question

Thanks chums.
If you want you really want is a speedmaster then that is what you should aim at. The hand wound are the most desired by collectors but if you are happy with the auto, what does it matter.

4T5

4T5

Man of Honour
Of course not. :p

It's a copy of the watch that was issued to the US Army during the Viet Nam war.
Came with the 1st issue of Miltary Watches Magazine cost £3.99. :D

Back
Top Bottom