Soldato
Been out and treated myself to this.

408941098.jpg

The watch isn't slow the camera is fast

Dave :D

mrk

mrk

Man of Honour
It's exactly the vision of "smart" I had when the first smart watches were revealed couple years back and even now it's disappointing that manufacturers have missed a point with making a smartphone that can be worn on a wrist instead of a smart "watch".

4T5

4T5

Man of Honour
That has to be a thread record for price. :D Are you going to collect all of them?
I've done it through my local shop who got me this 1st issue one & has lined up the next 2 then it's up to me whether I want to continue or cancel. If the rest are as good as this one though I will get them all, You get a mag with all the details about the watch/issue/era & I like all that old War stuff. :cool:

£3.99 was a bit rich though I've been saving for over a month. :D

Associate
I've done it through my local shop who got me this 1st issue one & has lined up the next 2 then it's up to me whether I want to continue or cancel. If the rest are as good as this one though I will get them all, You get a mag with all the details about the watch/issue/era & I like all that old War stuff. :cool:

£3.99 was a bit rich though I've been saving for over a month. :D

I'm wearing the issue 2 model although that set me back a massive £6.99. Massive also describes the size at 48mm.

Soldato
Congrats on context fail.

:rolleyes:
Congrats on missed tongue smiley. Is it time of the month for you grumps :p

Also, the fact two posters noted your 'its only movement' point, perhaps you need to think about how you structure your posts in the future.

Soldato
how do people rate sites like watchfinder for buying pre-owned watches?

Watchfinder in particular from what I've heard are pretty good. There's the old poor review, but generally a professional service. Apparently they 'service', which includes the refinishing etc, after you commit to buy the watch. Blowers is another you may want to consider. Although in both cases you may find cheaper on watch forums, but then of course you have no warranty other than good will.

mrk

mrk

Man of Honour
:rolleyes:
Congrats on missed tongue smiley. Is it time of the month for you grumps :p

Also, the fact two posters noted your 'its only movement' point, perhaps you need to think about how you structure your posts in the future.

No you've missed the point again. The two posters aren't on about the same thing you are, I know full well what you're on about hence my reply.

Anyway, we all know you're the Omega fan here, the sig update the moment you got it says it all.

To be clear, my point was this, if the movement is good - as in it is reliable, robust and keeps on trucking on and can be found on many watches both cheap and expensive then yes it's just a movement and keeps accurate time next to everything else expensive out there.

Yes some will appreciate the intricate engineering and decoration given to the movements of more exotic watches and those people will know exactly what they're after anyway and will be buying specifically for that purpose in general. The rest of us just want a high quality built watch with a style we like and with a decent reliable movement that will still be keeping good time after years of daily use.

Soldato
Muhahah :D ;) Enjoy.

The collection is growing rapidly. It takes me a while to choose what to wear at the start of the day, sometimes I'll even change up half way through the day. :D

WatchboxFeb2014.jpg

At this rate i'll be needing another watchbox sooner or later. :o
I wonder whether you could post a high quality version of this picture or just a bigger version so I could zoom in and have a nose? Thanks :D

Back
Top Bottom