What watch do you wear?

Soldato
I want a nice watch, something to wear everyday. I like the look of the Jorg gray 6600? It's rather on the expensive side, is there anything similar that can be had for cheaper?

Permabanned
They do different internal colours too, not sure if they're listed as related products.

I used to live in Bromsgrove ~6+ years ago :)

Yeah I saw some others, but like you say that blue looks nice :)

Didn't I come round to your and you fixed it iirc?

If you did muchos gracias :D

Soldato
Yeah I saw some others, but like you say that blue looks nice :)

Didn't I come round to your and you fixed it iirc?

If you did muchos gracias :D

Yeah, you did - I went out on a whim that something must have been shorting and rebuilt the whole thing and that sorted things out! You're welcome, you left a positive trust message too which was good of you. :)

Associate
accidental impulse buy today :D in truth my GMT2c hunt had come up empty for weeks so I had my eye on this for a while; just didnt expect to buy it today lol. Its smaller than I thought, but super comfortable, great lume and just looks great on the wrist.

Much Better photos here

13803149043_13b5863c0c.jpg

and next to my Steinhart OVM on a GGB nato.

13803475494_3525a43eee.jpg

Soldato
Had the Parnis a few weeks now and have to say I'm really impressed with it for the money. The automatic movement seems far more accurate then my seiko 5. Over a week it gains around 1 min. One thing I have realised is that I just can't get on with metal straps any more. So went looking for some options to replace the strap with.

Got this leather one from Gnomon watches. Arrived quickly. Quality is pretty average I would say. The black coated metal parts have started to rub a bit already which isn't great.

Had bought a few NATO straps from the bay, the cheapo ones for a fiver. Quality on them was less then impressive and they felt cheap and nasty. So tried one from WatchWorx. Their G10 straps seem be very well regarded and are still cheap. Was £10 with free p&p. quality is a massive step up from the bay rubbish. The powder coated metal parts are also of a very high quality. No marks on them what so ever.

Soldato
A minute gained a week seems quite high does it not?

Compared to the Seiko 5 which gains around 10 mins a week I was quite happy with that. Actually its 9 days since I set it which is ever so slightly better.

I agree though, no reason why in this day an age it shouldnt be spot on. It is annoying having to reset it at all really. Its still quite new so maybe it will settle down

Caporegime
A minute gained a week seems quite high does it not?

That's like 8 seconds tolerance a day. Isn't the standard for ETA something like 25 seconds per day?

8 seconds is pretty low.

ETA 2824

One workhorse of the ETA mechanical line is the ETA 2824-2, The 2824 is an automatic winding, twenty-five (25) jewel movement, available in four executions or grades: Standard, Elaborated (improved), Top and Chronometer[4]. The key components which differ at the line of demarcation between Elaborated and Top are the barrel spring, shock protection system, pallet stones, balance wheel & hairspring and the regulator mechanism. To illustrate the differences in accuracy garnered by the successive grades, consider the following specifications:

the Standard grade is adjusted in two positions with an average rate of +/-12 seconds/day, with a maximum daily variation of +/-30 seconds/day;
the Elaborated grade is adjusted in three positions with an average rate of +/-7 seconds/day, with a maximum daily variation of +/-30 seconds/day;
while the Top grade is adjusted in five positions with an average rate of +/-4 seconds/day, with a maximum daily variation of +/-10 seconds/day.

So as it turns out, it falls within "Top Grade" bracket. Take that Rolex :p

Last edited:

mrk

mrk

Man of Honour
That's just laziness on the maker's part fitting and calibrating the movement on their casing. My Longines uses the same movement and gains 2 to 4 seconds a day which is well within cosc. Likewise others online with the same watch or same movement on other watches have similar results

This is what we talked about in this thread before, whereby cheaper manufacturers simply don't put effort in to the calibration and the fact that they probably use fake eta movements anyway as we learnt in this thread also.

The Seiko is faulty though, get that one sent in for service! My Seiko broke within a week and had to be sent in when I had that. Again, I got what I paid for with that.

Soldato
The Seiko is faulty though, get that one sent in for service! My Seiko broke within a week and had to be sent in when I had that. Again, I got what I paid for with that.

Yeah, I know its not faulty but I got it off the rainforest for very little. Turns out the seller was in Singapore. First on they sent totally broke within 6 weeks. I had to pay to send it back, not cheap. This relacement gains far to much time imo. I questioned the seller, and they said it was within tolerances etc but could be tweaked by them or another watch shop. The amount the P&P costs to get it to them and back it just wasnt worth the hassle.

Back
Top Bottom