What watch do you wear?

Associate
Got a new nato to replace the aweful plasticy leather item that came with my HMT

8rS6q9al.jpg

So £12 for the watch and a further £7 for a decent strap and I'm a happy man with a watch that keeps the correct time at least once a day :)

Hopefully be getting one of the 50th anniversary Sieko 5's for my birthday next month, but until then my unreliable Indian time keeper shall suffice.

Soldato
Current watches in my rotation, got a few more not in the picture which I don't wear

watches.png

Fine, fine collection :D

Soldato
Nonsense. I've got really girly wrists, just stick to smaller case sizes. There's plenty to be had in 40 & 42mm sizes.

I shall look at a watch that size and see. The other issue I find is sometimes the nature off the links means its either rotating around my wrist as it's too loose or it's too tight. I suppose the answer would be leather/velcro straps but they may look a bit naff depending on the style of watch.

mrk

mrk

Man of Honour
Or you can just remove a link or two so it isn't loose. I've not seen a decent watch that won't adjust to a size that even a child can wear without being loose in that size range.

Caporegime
Impulse buy.

It's still a nice watch, but the pre-facelift Hydroconquest version was so much classier and less pedestrian than this new one. Not a big fan.

not bad watches, but the same old issue with Longinnes, they just have to have that date window, and just punch a hole wherever the date wheel sits on the movement,

look closely, if that date window was put in by design, it would be 2-3mm to the right, to sit where the 3 was, but no.

The pre-facelift version, like mrk said, fits the date window very well and it looks perfectly in line with the time markers. Personally, as someone who uses it for daily use and not diving, I like the date window.

Soldato
I'm in the process of selling most of my watches and buying one of my "grails". Still undecided between a Deepsea, PAM 351 or a JLC MC Diving GMT. Current front runner is the JLC. The DSSD is a lot of money, even second hand so I'm still undecided on that.

Don
Over the weekend I've read a lot of reviews about the MC Diver vs the DSSD and spoken to several owners of both; I like the MC Diver but the DSSD is winning it.

the MC wins hands down in terms of movement quality and prestige however the DSSD will hold value better, you looking at new? if so what % discounts?

Don
I'm in the process of selling most of my watches and buying one of my "grails". Still undecided between a Deepsea, PAM 351 or a JLC MC Diving GMT. Current front runner is the JLC. The DSSD is a lot of money, even second hand so I'm still undecided on that.

the Rolex would be my last choice there

Soldato
the MC wins hands down in terms of movement quality and prestige however the DSSD will hold value better, you looking at new? if so what % discounts?

Spoke to and met up with a couple of people over the weekend who own both and they said pretty much the opposite regarding movement quality and finish of the watch. I'm not in a position to comment about the JLC as they are a rarer piece, but everyone praises the build quality, finish and accuracy of the DSSD. The new Seadweller is quite appealing too but would like to see one in the metal before making any decisions.

I'm undecided still about preowned or new as I can get a pretty healthy discount through a contact, but preowned prices are appealing too (for the JLC).

I really do love the JLC though from a divers perspective i.e. the design, size, rubber bracelet and slightly gimmicky divers flag/minute counter.

Last edited:
Associate
Back
Top Bottom