What watch do you wear?

Soldato
Blancpain 50 fathoms if its a dive watch with a bit of heritage you are after

Considered it, but it doesn't really do anything for me. I like the Bathyscape but I still prefer the JLC.

was gonna suggest that, or maybe Glashütte Original Sport Evolution Panorama Date?

Not a proper divers watch. I'm really only interested in divers watches at the moment.

Associate
Considered it, but it doesn't really do anything for me. I like the Bathyscape but I still prefer the JLC.

Not a proper divers watch. I'm really only interested in divers watches at the moment.

Yeah thought you may say that. Cant help thinking a JLC dive watch is an oxymoron though! Too nice to be used as a tool watch. :D

Its all very personal, and it doesn't have to make sense - go buy it!

Id still wait to try the new sea dweller in the flesh though...

Soldato
It's the Sea-Dweller 4000.

That's the one.

Yeah thought you may say that. Cant help thinking a JLC dive watch is an oxymoron though! Too nice to be used as a tool watch. :D

Its all very personal, and it doesn't have to make sense - go buy it!

Id still wait to try the new sea dweller in the flesh though...

I take all my dive watches diving with me :) Took my Bell & Ross BR02 to 40m last month.....unsurprisingly there were no issues :p

Man of Honour
For me JLC excels at the more dressy end of the market, I love the memovox and reverso lines and heritage (I have master reveil and bought my dad a reverso classique) and their simple dress watches and more complicated dress watches. Although their divers look great, I can't help but feel they don't match what I think of as JLC aesthetics.

I would fancy a FF (although I would never wear my Precista homage again, which would be sad)

Soldato
Bet your dad was quite pleased with that. Is that the PRS-50 LE? Really love that watch! I think you're right about where JLC excel, but after handling the JLC diver about an hour ago, it is so well finished and pleasing to the eye I had no choice but to agree to buy it :)

Man of Honour
Bet your dad was quite pleased with that. Is that the PRS-50 LE? Really love that watch! I think you're right about where JLC excel, but after handling the JLC diver about an hour ago, it is so well finished and pleasing to the eye I had no choice but to agree to buy it :)

He was pleased :). He bought me my master reveil for my 30th (some time ago now!) and I bought him the reverso for his 70th

Standard PRS-50

http://imageshack.com/a/img837/97/u4pv.jpg
**massive image is too massive, please resize**
I am sure the JLC diver is a lovely watch and as I am a bit of a fanboy would probably love it.

Man of Honour
Extremely comfortable. More 70s than 80s I reckon but they are certainly not to everyone's taste. I have a very nice rubber strap for it too.

mrk

mrk

Man of Honour
I suppose another benefit is that it's tougher than a normal bracelet given the links all working together whereas a normal bracelet has just the pins holding each link in place?

Back
Top Bottom