What watch do you wear?

Soldato
10311022_316297135186814_383469568_n.jpg

It's a Zeno kind of day.

mrk

mrk

Man of Honour
I like that, not my thing but I like it :)

I miss my watch though, have sent a message asking for a rough ETA. It's now been just over 2 months.

Soldato
I am sure it's a different dial used, non original for the movement based on what I've seen, but from having a nosey about, the movement might be the VC 1120 movement, which is the nuts, so you know. Mash up of different stuff, but with the engine of a monster and classic looks.

Soldato
I have been given this watch, I have no idea what it is but it actually sits well on my girly wrist. It has to be manually wound up too which I found odd. Should change the date..

yIn6eKml.jpg
dDoHvsNl.jpg

Soldato
it's a Tissot Couturier Valjoux.

Not saying it is, but they also make fakes of these. And the date wheel printing looks a little off center to me.

Last edited:
Soldato
Thank you, it was bugging me! Can find some instructions now. Was a very unexpected and generous gift anyway. No idea about authenticity but I have a warranty card thing as well and it was bought from a high street shop. As a watch luddite I'll wear it regardless :) I can certainly understand why one might be sceptical at being given such a thing.
If someone has an eye for such things I can try get a better picture of any part of it, although ultimately I'm not fussed as I'm keeping it.

Last edited:
Soldato
Ooo I am looking at this:

It's not an original case, but nice rose gold plate and really subtle classic dial and shape. Not to mention a VC 36 jewel auto movement.

that is also not the original dial for that movement, with everything else considered, I think its a Franken watch.

that date window has been purely drilled to fit the underlying date wheel, should have left it alone, and had it without date

stay clear of this one.

Soldato
My Christopher Ward watch stopped working, started off with the second hand stuttering and then it completely died :( have had it for a few years now, but still :( was just about to buy another one as well. May opt for a Tissot one next.

Man of Honour
My Christopher Ward watch stopped working, started off with the second hand stuttering and then it completely died :( have had it for a few years now, but still :( was just about to buy another one as well. May opt for a Tissot one next.

mechanical or quartz?

Soldato
That it is, as usual photo's don't do it justice! I ordered one based on the excellent praise i read online, i wasn't expecting it to be of the quality it is though! Really very good finish and feel and with a movement to match. Puts to shame a lot of watches with a 10x price tag.

mrk

mrk

Man of Honour
Yup a superb watch that and easily the craftsmanship is up there with the big Swiss names. Before I got the Longines I was looking at the Ocean range but the ones I liked (especially the Vintage 1/GMT) was out of stock and wasn't due for a few more months and I just went for the HydroConquest instead the moment I saw it!

Back
Top Bottom