What watch do you wear?

Associate
This is my Tissot PRX that I got for my graduation last year. Really like its classic style.

tissot.png

Soldato
My main watch is a 1991 Submariner Date. Photo was taken before last years service, it came back from Rolex as new with 2 year guarantee again on it. I must have looked at this face thousands of times, the watch has been a lot of places.

rolex.jpg

I also own a couple of 1978 NOS Tissot F1 Divers

Stole someone else's photo for this
*** Please don't steal other people's photos, ergo no hotlinking :) *** - Will Gill

Plus a Sieko BFK but on a Bonetto Cinturini strap.

Seiko BFK

There is a test on the net where someone froze, boiled, put in washing machine and ran car over the Seiko BFK. Amazing watch given the price.

My advice on watches! If spending a lot of money choose something that will age well and last over the years, or if buying cheaper choose Seiko and expect to replace at some point. Don't bother going half way and spend £1000 or so on something that will eventually give trouble!

Last edited:
Chooser of poor weather meets
Soldato
Really like that Submarina, tried on a friends the other day and now I really really want one, but can't afford one lol.

My Seiko arrived though :D

tmQNkEy.jpg

First metal bracelet watch I've had, and I'm converted.

Soldato
Does anyone have any experience of Jaeger LeCoultre? Specifically the Master Control in Stainless Steel?

I think I prefer that to the Rolex Datejust 2; my Dad has one so i'll end up inheriting eventually.

Man of Honour
I have a master reveil which is a master control with the alarm complication (now called memovox again). They are fantastic. Beautiful finish, understated and special. I was sat in a meeting yesterday with 8 people, 6 flashy yanks all with rolex, me with a JLC and two bints with nothing special. I bet none of the rolex wearers would have known my watch was anything special and I like that. Will have had it 10 years in december and it has been faultless.

Soldato
I have a master reveil which is a master control with the alarm complication (now called memovox again). They are fantastic. Beautiful finish, understated and special. I was sat in a meeting yesterday with 8 people, 6 flashy yanks all with rolex, me with a JLC and two bints with nothing special. I bet none of the rolex wearers would have known my watch was anything special and I like that. Will have had it 10 years in december and it has been faultless.

Excellent news, I'm still researching...

I've thought about the Omega Speedmaster Professional, Rolex sub, Tourby Pilot watch, IWC Portofino Automatic and some others...

Then I realised what I wanted is called a dress watch and not all the popular sports watches...

I'm ruliong out Rolex because everyone has one and so will I in a few decades.

At the moment the JLC Master Control looks the front runner with the IWC Portofino Auto second.

Where can you suggest to look pre-owned?

Also what are typical maintenance regimes for JLCs? Time between servicing and servicing costs?

Soldato
Anyone had dealings with Boccia?

I've got a Boccia watch, I love it, lot's. But the strap is starting to go and I am told by many watch places I have to go to them direct.

I use it daily, it goes through some beatings.

Soldato
Chaps, as a genuine question: what's the appeal of a watch? Especially such expensive ones? We have clocks on everything; phones, computers, bus stops, cars, you name it.

I just wonder what the appeal is?

Soldato
Chaps, as a genuine question: what's the appeal of a watch? Especially such expensive ones? We have clocks on everything; phones, computers, bus stops, cars, you name it.

I just wonder what the appeal is?

Personally, I think they look great and make me feel great when I wear them.

It's not just about telling the time, in the same way wearing a nice shirt is not just about not being naked.

Back
Top Bottom