What watch do you wear?

Associate
Chaps, as a genuine question: what's the appeal of a watch? Especially such expensive ones? We have clocks on everything; phones, computers, bus stops, cars, you name it.

I just wonder what the appeal is?

- Remember that most mechanical watches will easily outlast the owner and some not only keep their value but appreciate over time.

- Part of the appeal for me is that it's NOT electronic.

- It's very reassuring to have something that is very well made and built to last, which is a luxury item and also beautiful to look at. Similar to owning a classic sports car.

Associate
Chaps, as a genuine question: what's the appeal of a watch? Especially such expensive ones? We have clocks on everything; phones, computers, bus stops, cars, you name it.

I just wonder what the appeal is?

I can glance at my watch on the sly during meetings, getting my phone out just to look at the time would send out the wrong impression in many scenarios, even when just with family / friends.
I also know a watch is on me at all times, whether that be swimming, running, gym, under a desk, running for the train etc there are times where your phone isn't always accessible.

Soldato
I have 5 radio controlled clocks - 2 desk clocks - 6 cordless telephones with clock - 1 corded phone with clock- 3 mobiles -computer -cooker clock- Microwave clock- outdoor garden clock - Digital radio clock - DVR - Freeview box - Probably think of one more as soon as I hit send.

I still look at my watch first for the time.

dave

Caporegime
Yeah I am more drawn to the Festina too, I just have no experience of them. I've seen the Diesel watch and tried it on (it's an XL design) and very big but doesn't put me off, I prefer the strap on the festina too.

Associate
I've got a festina....there is a picture of it somewhere in this thread, absolutely fantastic for the price feels nice on the wrist. Keeps time really well. Been looking at getting a shark leather strap for it

Associate
My brain has locked up.

Can't decide between a C60 or Steinhart OVM... prefer the look of the OVM (not surprising as the Rolex Sub is probably the best looking watch of all time imo) but the Christopher Ward feels like it's the more genuine and "original" of the two.

mrk

mrk

Man of Honour
Everyone has a phase :p

At the end of it 1 nice watch is really all many will need and wear it into the ground then replace with another nice watch. Simple and effective and makes each new watch all the more exciting to look forward to.

Back
Top Bottom