What watch do you wear?

mrk

mrk

Man of Honour
Radio controlled clock on the shelf is what I synchronise by!

pr-Outdoor_Electronics-Oregon_Scientific_ExactSet_Alarm_Clock_RM116E-resized200.jpg

Really really like that Halios, especially the glow.

The glow is great and long lasting :D It's not as instantly bright like some Seikos but it's longer lasting so hours on it's still visible in really low light :)

Soldato
I'm just about to order an Orient Ray (blue) but I'm not convinced by reviews of the metal bracelet. Can anyone who has one give me their opinion please. I'm thinking of buying the rubber strapped one and investing in a 3rd party SS bracelet but wanted to check here first :)

mrk

mrk

Man of Honour
What negatives have you heard about the bracelet? Apart from the clasp having button release addition on the Ray compared to the Mako's (I had this) flap and latch only the rest is the same. The end links are not solid and can be a pain to remove if you switch between straps and bracelet. As far as bracelets go it's not too bad I guess.

On a watch related note, the Halios Tropik is gaining 2.5 seconds a day. So far that's a shade better accuracy than my Longines by about 1-2 seconds.

Soldato
Just that the quality wasn't that great due to the non-solid end links and it's a bit of a hair pincher?

Just wanted to check real world opinions rather than random reviews.

mrk

mrk

Man of Honour
I don't have hairy wrists so can't comment on that aspect :p Quality wise it seemed fine though. It was my 2nd watch with a bracelet (first was the Tissot PRC-200). Between the two I think the Tissot one felt more premium but at £150 just for the bracelet you would expect that really. Given the price of the Ray WITH bracelet I think it's a pretty decent thing.

Having said that, those Orients look great with a complimenting NATO strap or leather band.

Soldato
Cheers for the info :)

I'll grab one with the SS bracelet and go from there. Would like a leather alternative so will spend my time looking for that rather than worrying about the standard kit :)

Soldato
Radio controlled clock on the shelf is what I synchronise by!

mrk

I have the same Oregon clock but it's now yrs old and back light has gone - did you buy it recently and if so where - I have searched and can't find one - I can get radio controlled clocks but they feel and look cheaper to these or I don't like style
.I also have a Oregon wall clock I use to set my watch by.

Dave

Last edited:

mrk

mrk

Man of Honour
Hi no mine is 13 odd years old now but the backlight is perfectly fine with decent AAA batteries in there. You you using decent batteries? Not that the backlight is of huge importance as I seldom use it in the dark, only when needing to confirm accurate time with other things!

Soldato
I could do with a new winder, any recommendations for a quad one? got some decent prices offered by Rapport as I have used them before but interested in what others have used

I've got a Designhutte, it works perfectly well, the only thing annoying about it is if you unplug it, you lose all your settings and it defaults to doing nothing. My mother in law has a habit of unplugging it to do the hovering and I find out my watches have stopped when I get back from working away from home.

nam

nam

Soldato
Last edited:

Nix

Nix

Soldato
Trying to take a photo of the damn thing was a nightmare, but here it is: my new Hirsch strap.

I've got a spare Hirsch buckle and pin going if anyone wants it.

20140707_151614.jpg

Back
Top Bottom