What watch do you wear?

mrk

mrk

Man of Honour
^ Looking on eBay, most of the "Wester Activ" watches are 4995 Indian Rupees so around the £50 mark.

Your model doesn't appear to exist on the usual searches!

mrk

mrk

Man of Honour
What do you plan on getting to replace it? :)

I last syncd both my watches on the 22nd last month, just checked them now and the 2824-2 is 8 seconds ahead of the radio clock. The Miyota 9015 is 50 seconds ahead.

The ETA timekeeping blows my mind.

Associate
What do you plan on getting to replace it? :)

I last syncd both my watches on the 22nd last month, just checked them now and the 2824-2 is 8 seconds ahead of the radio clock. The Miyota 9015 is 50 seconds ahead.

The ETA timekeeping blows my mind.

Nothing :). I still have a GUESS from 6 years ago and I love it. I wear it when suited other than that I'm not a watch guy.

Caporegime
Ok, stop press... I have just possibly identified my next aspirational watch.

Behold... the (46mm) Breitling Navitimer:

No hotlinking, if you want to post an image please rehost on your own webspace. Thank you.

Manly. Moonpohase. Waterproof to 3 bar... and an awesome shade of blue. So much want. :eek:

Only question is how big it looks on the wrist... may go and try one on at the weekend! :D

EDIT - Ok, it looks pretty big... maybe too much so for me. Wish they made a 43/44mm http://monochrome-watches.com/introducing-breitling-navitimer-01-46mm-navitimer-1461-48mm/ :(

Last edited:
Associate
Anyone wear this watch?

Thinking of getting it, never really been a big watch wearer but I want to start wearing one. I wear mine on my right because I'm a tard, looking for one with a silver bracelet and that looks pretty nice. Any other suggestions? Around £60ish.

Bes

Bes

Soldato
Hi All,

I am off to the USA next week (Las Vegas, Indianapolis, Miami all in one trip), and then Hong Kong in December. Am I better off buying a watch from one of these places? Are there decent savings to be had?

I am currently considering the following. Welcome opinions:

Mont Blanc Timewalker Voyager UTC (Link)

15165611102_842aa7df9e_n.jpg

Breitling NAVITIMER ref 816 Diameter 48mm from 1968

Now I know I could not get there from anywhere else, and it was above my budget at £4,600 (Which might be way over the odds, so not seriously considering it unless it is considered reasonably priced. It has a 2 year guarantee and has been fully reconditioned), but it is reasonably unique and I do love it. (Cue iPhone screenshot from yesterday)

14979464007_f1dc631a12_c.jpg

Baume & Mercier Capeland

Can't find this on the web anywhere in these colours, so assume it's an older model, but I was told these represent excellent value and it is the cheapest of the 3 (Hence, cue iPhone screenshot from yesterday)

15142949006_945c44fcca_c.jpg

Associate
I've found HK nor the US any cheaper than home, especially iconicwatches. Dubai was pretty cheap, which is on the way to HK on emirates. One of the cheapest places is Italy.

Soldato
Anyone got a Christopher Ward in here? I'm tempted by the C3 Malvern Chronograph MKII.

If so, what do you think of it? Is the build quality nice? How does it (any CW watch you have) compare to your other watches?

Cheers chaps.

AJK

AJK

Associate
New toy :)

mKFbBZL.jpg

I've been fancying one of these for a while; I don't like the look of the new 2013 model and some decent discounts are available on the older one, so seemed like a good time to go for it!

Associate
Anyone got a Christopher Ward in here? I'm tempted by the C3 Malvern Chronograph MKII.

If so, what do you think of it? Is the build quality nice? How does it (any CW watch you have) compare to your other watches?

Cheers chaps.

Friend of mine has a Trident. Very nice quality and detail easily the equal of all but the very top brands and not much behind them either.

Don't know if I'd buy a quartz CW for that money though.

Associate
Friend of mine has a Trident. Very nice quality and detail easily the equal of all but the very top brands and not much behind them either.

Don't know if I'd buy a quartz CW for that money though.

I've had a couple. Wouldn't buy another. Their prices are completely out of step with what you get. Steinhart are higher quality but cheaper. I don't think either brand however is up there with the top brands.

Associate
I've had a couple. Wouldn't buy another. Their prices are completely out of step with what you get. Steinhart are higher quality but cheaper. I don't think either brand however is up there with the top brands.

Interesting. I felt that the Trident was nicer quality/detail than the Steinhart Ocean equivalent. But honestly, either is fine if you can't afford an Omega.

I feel that CW autos were good value, but price rises over last 2 years have eroded that. I will look at their in-house movement wehn it gets into a style of watch I like but they'll need to up their game to justify a price hitting £1500+. I can never view a quartz watch over £200 as "good value" though

mrk

mrk

Man of Honour
New toy :)

mKFbBZL.jpg

I've been fancying one of these for a while; I don't like the look of the new 2013 model and some decent discounts are available on the older one, so seemed like a good time to go for it!

Brings back memories, nice! What was the deal you got on it? I paid £250 if I remember right but +£100 for the stainless steel bracelet later :(

Soldato

Cheers chaps.

I own two CW watches and wouldn't hesitate for a second to buy another.

I've got a C5 Malvern and also one of their limited edition blue ones.
I forgotten the model number but it's lovely.

fuGhmCD.jpg
QVrHMOQ.jpg
I've also got a Tag Carrera which I like, it's a lot heavier though which can be quite annoying.
I'm considering buying a new strap for my C5, I'll get a metal one. I'm also considering buying the C9 Harrison

Back
Top Bottom