What watch do you wear?

Soldato
Been after this watch for a long time; finally got it. Gold hands and tobacco dial are just so good in the daylight, and the lume is the best I've experienced on any watch.

Now wearing it on the rubber strap it came with. I prefer rubber and am considering getting a RubberB for it, but they are just too expensive for my liking. The plan is to try out a few different leather straps as the strap changing mechanism is so easy on these.

awesome pick up congrats, have to say i love the gator but thats just me

wearing a 183 today myself

Soldato
An Omega Seamaster 2254.50
Nice :)

It is much sexier than the new SMPs with their awful hands,
The Skeleton hands are the reason I bought mine !!!

14897161179_68399cd1b6_z.jpg

Associate
I don't suspect it really does anything.

Looks like im gonna have to send mine back! :D

15085723175_e3c0254330_c.jpg

Not that im ever likely to use it, but from what i understand if you go past 300m or more and it doesnt have a helium escape valve the crystal can pop off due to pressure differential. who knows i guess, but id assume they have them for a reason.

Caporegime
Looks like im gonna have to send mine back! :D

https://farm4.staticflickr.com/3841/15085723175_e3c0254330_c.jpg[/img

Not that im ever likely to use it, but from what i understand if you go past 300m or more and it doesnt have a helium escape valve the crystal can pop off due to pressure differential. who knows i guess, but id assume they have them for a reason.[/QUOTE]

Most mortals will likely be dead when they hit 300m since the world record for deep sea scuba dive is 318m.

Beside the simple fact that most of the population wouldn't go scuba diving or even go past 30m deep. Scuba divers uses dive computers, and rely on dive computers, not an automatic watch to tell more than time. These designs are just an exercise of engineering for show, something you can tell your friends about at dinner parties really. Nothing more.

Last edited:
Caporegime
Scuba divers uses dive computers, and rely on dive computers, not an automatic watch to tell more than time. They are just an exercise of engineering for show, something you can tell your friends about at dinner parties really.

You don't *need* a diver computer... you should also be capable of using charts, planning a dive correctly and simply using a watch and depth gauge.

Caporegime
You don't *need* a diver computer... you should also be capable of using charts, planning a dive correctly and simply using a watch and depth gauge.

VERY strictly speaking, you can dive without any instruments either except an oxygen tank (or just hold your breath)...but back in the real world, who really dive with an Omega/Rolex costing thousands when a dive computer costing 1/10th or 1/20th of that yet offering more features, better time keeping and arguably, more reliable.

Back
Top Bottom