What watch do you wear?

Soldato
So are these Christopher Ward ones worth the money? I want something a bit discrete without dropping a few grand on a watch. Got two vintage Omegas but want to keep those for 'best'.

Just feel a bit begrudging to part with 4-500 on a quartz movement....

Been looking at the Mondaine swiss ones and they just don't look right on me; too big for the strap almost. As do the Skagen ones...

Caporegime
So are these Christopher Ward ones worth the money? I want something a bit discrete without dropping a few grand on a watch. Got two vintage Omegas but want to keep those for 'best'.

Just feel a bit begrudging to part with 4-500 on a quartz movement....

Been looking at the Mondaine swiss ones and they just don't look right on me; too big for the strap almost. As do the Skagen ones...

I got my Christopher Ward C7 for £200 in a sale, it's nice and gets a few comments but spending more than that on a quartz watch would make me cry a little.

Soldato
I got my Christopher Ward C7 for £200 in a sale, it's nice and gets a few comments but spending more than that on a quartz watch would make me cry a little.

Exactly. Their new limited edition Chrono is lovely looking but a daft price for a quartz thing.

Might just grab another vintage Omega off the 'bay. Good prices to be had on those...

Associate
Man of Honour
Working on this today, very nice Panerai with 3 barrels and 8 day power reserve!

IMAG0153.jpg

IMAG0155.jpg

Soldato
I'm really close to hitting the button on a Hamilton Jazzmaster, which has been on my radar for god knows how long (the same as Phate's in this thread, and I totally blame him for this). Should I be looking anywhere online for this to save some pennies? or is it not worth the risk / hassle ?

Love Loam xx

Caporegime
I'm really close to hitting the button on a Hamilton Jazzmaster, which has been on my radar for god knows how long (the same as Phate's in this thread, and I totally blame him for this). Should I be looking anywhere online for this to save some pennies? or is it not worth the risk / hassle ?

Love Loam xx

Jazzmaster Chrono is a seriously sexy watch.

Transmission breaker
Don
Today I mainly re-lumed a few hands, and attempted to do the dials on an old scrapper I bought for practice. It seems its not too difficult, but I expect I am not all that neat yet, more work to do yet!
Will get some pics up when I am happy with the finish..

Last edited:
Soldato
Any advice on removing links from Z expander on a TimeX T2N310ZB?

Bracelet inner surface.
expander_zpsd702f50f.jpg

Bend supports either side of hole (circled in red), so bulbous connection can exit hole? But got to be an easier and potentially less destructive way.

Soldato
Chaps - I am after a Patek Philippe Calatrava 5196R. Happy to travel to Europe / States to get the best price.

Reccomendations please

Buy it second hand if you want the best price. Not sure why you'd want to fly to Europe/USA either, the price difference is negligible once you factor in the flights and hotels.

Soldato
Back
Top Bottom