What watch do you wear?

Just got mine back from repair :D

vD2HhX.jpg

https://imageshack.com/i/ipsMORfQj

Last edited:
Guys,

I've managed to pick up a vintage Seiko 5 (1981 with the crown at 3 o'clock rather than 4) however, its not in the best of conditions, anyone know of anywhere it could be sent to be serviced and possibly refurbished? It could also do with a new case back and crystal, but it would depend if funds allow it. Any ideas? or any help on doing it myself?

My wife has a Rolex "Datejust Lady" which she inherited. It looks like it was last serviced in 2008.

How important is servicing? I popped into a few jewellers in Manchester who said it'd be around £400 ish which i imagine isn't too bad when you can afford to spend thousands on a watch but we're not that kind of people!

Obviously the watch is very sentimental to her so we want to ensure it's looked after. Was just wondering the importance of servicing?

What are people's opinions on vintage watches? I am thinking of buying something like a 50s or 60s Omega Constellation Pie Pan as I really like the look of them. I normally wouldn't consider spending so much money on a watch but I would be OK with it if it is likely to hold its value on resale in the future.

My wife has a Rolex "Datejust Lady" which she inherited. It looks like it was last serviced in 2008.

How important is servicing? I popped into a few jewellers in Manchester who said it'd be around £400 ish which i imagine isn't too bad when you can afford to spend thousands on a watch but we're not that kind of people!

Obviously the watch is very sentimental to her so we want to ensure it's looked after. Was just wondering the importance of servicing?

It won't keep time properly and will eventually give up all together, which will then cost you a lot more than a regular service.

Thanks mrk, got a few names not too far from me here in sheffield :) will get some before and after pic's (if i can afford the after)

Cool cool :) I have the guy in Moss Side down as the authorised service guy for the Halios. They said they have a UK watchmaker that deals with their servicing and repairs etc so it means a much less tedious affair than sending the watch back to Vancouver if stuff needs doing over the years.

The SS bracelet for the Tropik should arrive Monday I imagine. Having seen some user photos of it, I have a feeling it will be my preferred daily wear of the HydroConquest now :o

When I realised Pebble had released the Steel and was looking into a replacement watch I could not help but try it out.

Very handy thing when you mess about with it and I like the simple design. Using leather strap at the moment but got some different ones to try. The included matte black metal strap is trash and a hair pinch magnet :p

Being able to swap watchfaces around is useful, I like clean and simple and it fits the bill for me!

pebble_1.jpg

Received a new delivery today. I think this could be the start of something bad.

tCQ1dZ2.jpg

The Tissot Visodate.

2G9HCJw.jpg

BZB8PJd.jpg

lFTzH8m.jpg

HM1sfTA.jpg

Comes complete with a microfibre cloth ;)

ZGklqZn.jpg

FZtvLpx.jpg

7tq5H8Q.jpg

Excuse the incorrect date. :p

I wanted something that was a step up and that could be worn with a suit for work to mark a promotion and I definitely think I've made the right choice. It's absolutely stunning and exactly what I was after in a minimalistic white dial watch. It's in another league quality wise from anything else in my collection. Sapphire glass, Swiss ETA 2836-2 movement, everything about it just oozes quality. The crown movement for instance feels solid and smooth. I can't stop looking at it!

Worryingly, I think this could be my 'gateway' watch. I'm currently hiding it from the gf, but not sure how long that will work! :D

Last edited:
Back
Top Bottom