What watch do you wear?

Caporegime
I don't necessitate the need to have 3 PRS and 2 Taylor and a Bogner...I know the feeling of desire too well.

But when you call a rattle link as mechanical and intentional, I question whether it is actually true or just something you say because it is the latest new toy.

If in 12 months you still have the watch and you still like this rattle then I would be more inclined to believe you.

Soldato
In other news

15774490185_25a503bd1c_c.jpg

Chooser of poor weather meets
Soldato
Agreed. It's a pity some of the 'limited availability' watches have been getting out onto the second-hand market (particularly the RN Clearance Diver Supermarines).

Never seen an MBI being sold-on yet - Ben Shepherd off GMTV is the only 'non-ejectee' to have one that I know of. He got his via his mate who banged out from a Tornado along with a passenger who was sitting in the navigator's seat. The passenger didn't want the watch so let Ben have it. I think the Bremont boys were surprised to see him wearing it on TV. They let him keep it once they heard the story though....:)

Co-workers MB1 (well, technically his dad's) turned up yesterday.

9KVJ58G.jpg

Engravings on the back with initials and date of ejection above the Martin Baker logo.

xTmTkvs.jpg

Felt very solid and I liked how the inner bezel (if that's what you call it, the outer ring within the glass) rotated by turning the bottom crown and had an extremely satisfying click with every turn.

mrk

mrk

Man of Honour
Those knurlings tho.

The red surround below the caseback is a neat touch as is how the base of the seconds hand is the colour and style of an ejection seat lever.

Soldato
For the price of that I would have wanted all the slot's in screw heads on back all facing same way - either all to center or all across. - it's detail that counts.

Dave

Associate
Co-workers MB1 (well, technically his dad's) turned up yesterday.

Engravings on the back with initials and date of ejection above the Martin Baker logo.

Felt very solid and I liked how the inner bezel (if that's what you call it, the outer ring within the glass) rotated by turning the bottom crown and had an extremely satisfying click with every turn.

Very nice. The red barrel definitely looks nice. The only one I prefer is the yellow they did for the Selfridges edition. The roto-click for the internal bezel is great - really tactile.

The knurling is really necessary to get a decent grip. The crowns are not that easy to turn as they are not screw-downs but have a gasket system to keep water resistance.

At least you don't see the screws on the back. Unlike some of the APs I've seen with screw head alignment problems on bezel.....OCD rage!

Soldato
At least you don't see the screws on the back. Unlike some of the APs I've seen with screw head alignment problems on bezel.....OCD rage!

Quoted off another forum:

"The point people are missing is that AP doesn't align the screw slots in their bezels because those aren't actually screws on those bezels-- they are the hexagonal heads of nuts inserted into hexagonal sockets in the bezel (the actual screws that go into these long cylindrical nuts are inserted from the back). It's real easy to align the slots in non-rotating nuts-- not so easy in actual screws."

Associate
Quoted off another forum:

"The point people are missing is that AP doesn't align the screw slots in their bezels because those aren't actually screws on those bezels-- they are the hexagonal heads of nuts inserted into hexagonal sockets in the bezel (the actual screws that go into these long cylindrical nuts are inserted from the back). It's real easy to align the slots in non-rotating nuts-- not so easy in actual screws."

I take that to mean that the nuts are inserted into the bezel, then the screws go into them and are tightened from the back. So the nuts in the front bezel don't actually rotate. In any case, given the price point that AP are at, I'm not sure it's a valid excuse :).

mrk

mrk

Man of Honour
That is impressively engineered!

Errrr I know that's why I pointed it out

Defensive much :confused:

I don't know what you're smoking or what English classes you attended in school to come to the conclusion that "Can't see that on the above pics." is being defensive :p

Soldato
That is impressively engineered!

I don't know what you're smoking or what English classes you attended in school to come to the conclusion that "Can't see that on the above pics." is being defensive :p

That's exactly what it was you were defending the fact you didn't know it was the whole centre barrel

Anyway you're welcome

Back
Top Bottom