What watch do you wear?

mrk

mrk

Man of Honour
The first Luminor that I actually like the look of!

Capture_07mo6.jpg

panerai-hand.jpg

Last edited:
Soldato
How about two?

One on each wrist, its the future! :p

Seeing as a winder has just been posted, I took a look online and there is a variety of winders out there. Is there such a thing as a good brand or are they all simply something which winds the watches when not in use? :)

E.g

On amazon there is a single watch winder for 50quid while there is another one for 180quid. What would make the latter 130quid 'better'

mrk

mrk

Man of Honour
Silent operation,better motors for longer life, more modes for rotation changes as supposedly rotating in one direction for too long can be bad for movements I guess.

Soldato
Well after 10 years my wife has decided my SS dayton is now her watch and I am using my Omega day to day :D

Its still a lovely watch but I miss the Daytona so I have put my name down with my AD he thinks about a year until I get one.

Its been quite some time since I bought a new rolex but prices have gone crazy, they seem to going for £5 to £8k for a SS watch and £30k for a WG! When I was buying watches back before the financial crisis They where £3 to £5k for a SS and £17k for the WG Daytona.
DA576C47-4992-4D19-B607-D19A8AEBF2FB_zpsflowvho5.jpg

mrk

mrk

Man of Honour
Do you not find the dial hue a bit tacky though? Everything else is really sweet about it but the sunburst and that colour combination just make it look like the kind of dial you see on an eBay special or a fake. At least in online pics anyway :p

Soldato
the photo was taken with a old blackberry, if you hold on in real life it actually looks very good. I was not impressed when I saw the pictures online also but its around £50k I think.

Soldato
Do you not find the dial hue a bit tacky though? Everything else is really sweet about it but the sunburst and that colour combination just make it look like the kind of dial you see on an eBay special or a fake. At least in online pics anyway :p

That dial colour is platinum models only so I suppose those that know will know same way all that differentiates the wg daytonas is the dial

Back
Top Bottom