What watch do you wear?

mrk

mrk

Man of Honour
To me the V390 version looks too busy with all the numbers on the dial, the very same reason I disliked what Longines did with the updated HydroConquest with the numbers going all the way round rather than the understated dial with numbers only on 6, 9 and 12.

Your view may vary of course but personally I'd go with the more minimal dial version!

Soldato
Soldato
Been in Geneva for a few days. Sadly the Patek Phillipe museum is closed but I spent the afternoon visiting various watch boutiques and trying on multiple watches :)

Top of my wish list is the IWC Portugese Chronograph and the Zenith El Primero 410. Both stunning. Tried on a few Patek's they were very humble after showing me two of the "affordable" models they brought out some real works of art for me to try on and drool over :)

Soldato
Got a quote for a replacement bracelet...£1050 :eek:

Tempted to send mine off to Michael Young in Hong Kong to rebuild it but that makes me nervous. Has anyone used his service before?

Soldato
I assume at £1050 it is stainless steel and not half gold

If so its a bit more unusual to get a lot of stretch in a SS

Thanks for the reply mate.

Yes its a stainless Jubilee, I knew it wouldn't be cheap but that price for SS was quite a shock. Its a Datejust that I inherited that I think is circa 1986 so it is older than me and was worn daily.

Associate
I'm looking at sort of investing in a nice watch. Looking at something along the lines of a breitling, omega or rolex. Mainly a rolex submariner but anything that looks simular really. I dont mind going upto £4000 so pre owned on the rolex front aslong as it doesnt de value too much. I know it probably sounds strange or unrealistic but is it possible i wont lose too much as i wouldnt want to spend £3000 on a breitling for it to be worth only £1000 in 3 years time.

My main aim is to keep it till my son is old enough to appreciate a nice watch.

Don
I'd probably get a sub or a navitimer for that amount of cash, you can always trade up when you get more cash, that's the best thing about decent watches they hold their value brilliantly :cool:

Soldato
I'm looking at sort of investing in a nice watch. Looking at something along the lines of a breitling, omega or rolex. Mainly a rolex submariner but anything that looks simular really. I dont mind going upto £4000 so pre owned on the rolex front aslong as it doesnt de value too much. I know it probably sounds strange or unrealistic but is it possible i wont lose too much as i wouldnt want to spend £3000 on a breitling for it to be worth only £1000 in 3 years time.

gets popcorn ...........

Soldato

The only watch you can be more than 50% sure of not losing too much money on for £4000 is a Rolex stainless steel sports model i.e. Submariner or GMT Master II.

Don
gets popcorn ...........

I'm sure the 'lol buy a casio' crew will appear, but investing in a fine time piece provides plenty of personal satisfaction as long as you appreciate it and its raison detre, furthermore understand how well the piece won't depreciate compared to (say) an equally priced computer, car, telly....whatevs :p

Back
Top Bottom