What watch do you wear?

Associate
Can't have a stunning watch like that stuck in the watch box for years to come!

You're right, I usually have it on my wrist when the family come over for dinner etc. It's just the walking around in public aspect that makes me paranoid.

I've had lesser watches stolen off my wrist in bars/clubs in the past, but I didn't really get it for that.

I got it around 6 months ago so I'm still getting used to not just having every day watches.

Soldato
You're right, I usually have it on my wrist when the family come over for dinner etc. It's just the walking around in public aspect that makes me paranoid.

I've had lesser watches stolen off my wrist in bars/clubs in the past, but I didn't really get it for that.

I got it around 6 months ago so I'm still getting used to not just having every day watches.

That's good to hear, I had visions of it being locked away and it trying to break free. :p

When I took my DSLR on holiday with me earlier this year I had similar feelings and fears. Especially as it wasn't strictly a photography holiday. So I can understand. I think the thing with an expensive watch which is an every day watch is it's easy to forget that you need to have your wits about you at times.

Chooser of poor weather meets
Soldato
rps20141225_205803_970.jpg

Is that a RubberB strap I can see on the Tudor? How are you finding it? Any more pics?

Robbie will like this bit, you can easily flip the springbar back to fit other straps, but need to pop into a Fossil shop to see what my options are. The one that came with the watch is comfy though.

rVLbdDC.jpg

That must be a thing on all Fossil watches as one I have from them with a rubber strap is the same. Watch looks different in a good way, she's a keeper :D

mrk

mrk

Man of Honour
Hah yeah those springbars with tool-less access are genius, no idea why the big brands don't use it very often, if ever?

The rubber strap came with the watch Vox, it's rubber and Titanium, really comfortable and stays where it's put on the wrist unlike leather, nylon and bracelets which can move about unless you wear them very tight in colder weather.

You'll find all pics here which I used for a user review a while back elsewhere:
http://imgur.com/a/5pDyS

Soldato
Why are watch faces super thick?

I want:
- Analogue watch
- Roman numerals
- Date indicator
- Battery operated (can do automatic if price is justified)
- Metal strap
- Swiss made

Skagen watches come up - but they aren't Swiss Made.

I don't understand why a simple watch like I've described above needs to be thick.

Soldato
Why are watch faces super thick?

I want:
- Analogue watch
- Roman numerals
- Date indicator
- Battery operated (can do automatic if price is justified)
- Metal strap
- Swiss made

Skagen watches come up - but they aren't Swiss Made.

I don't understand why a simple watch like I've described above needs to be thick.

The thin Skagen watches are quartz. You won't get an auto that thin unless you spend a lot of money. Hamilton Classic watches aren't too thick.

http://www.hamiltonwatch.com/collection/american-classic/timeless-classic/intra-matic-auto/h38755751

Permabanned
Looking to get my first watch, mainly going to be used for work and going out occasionally.

Looking for something black with a metal strap/bracelet and around £100, maybe £120 maximum if something is particularly better.

Seen the Casio Edifice EFR-537BK and EFR-526BK so far which are the kind of style and price I'm after.

Any thoughts and recommendations for anything else?

Would post links but not sure if I'm allowed to post direct links from Amazon.

Soldato
Looking to get my first watch, mainly going to be used for work and going out occasionally.

Looking for something black with a metal strap/bracelet and around £100, maybe £120 maximum if something is particularly better.

Seen the Casio Edifice EFR-537BK and EFR-526BK so far which are the kind of style and price I'm after.

Any thoughts and recommendations for anything else?

Would post links but not sure if I'm allowed to post direct links from Amazon.

How soon do you want to get a watch? Typically in the next couple of days there will be a Christopher Ward sale and in previous years i picked a couple of limited editions for £99 so you may manage to pick up a 'more expensive' watch on the cheap.

Permabanned
How soon do you want to get a watch? Typically in the next couple of days there will be a Christopher Ward sale and in previous years i picked a couple of limited editions for £99 so you may manage to pick up a 'more expensive' watch on the cheap.

No immediate need for one so it's possible to wait. :)

I am also thinking of getting two as well as really want a black one and considering a silver/brushed steel watch as well.

The Edifice look good so far but good to know some alternatives as well.

Just had a quick look at the Christopher Ward watches, they do look nice indeed and well worth picking up if they'll drop to £99 or slightly above!!

Last edited:
Soldato
Hey guys, posted a little about getting my brother a watch for £300 and was recommended Seiko Monster. So I had a look around, and a generally look around at Seiko and a few other brands, firstly theres just sooo many options haha so over whelmed, but I think there is a few I like, if anyone could give me any advice that would be awesome. I went too a few shops today like Hsamuel and they where no real help.

Seiko Sportura GMT - Think this is my favourite

Seiko Prospex Sea Monster

Seiko 2nd Generation Black Monster

These are the front runners, and I'm also thinking to get a few straps, mrk suggested this site so I may get a few from here, but I really wanted a nice nato and a nice leather one.

Chooser of poor weather meets
Soldato
The rubber strap came with the watch Vox, it's rubber and Titanium, really comfortable and stays where it's put on the wrist unlike leather, nylon and bracelets which can move about unless you wear them very tight in colder weather.

You'll find all pics here which I used for a user review a while back elsewhere:

That looks like very good quality for being included with the watch, really like how it has a single metal link on it to keep the solid look of the watch. Keep looking at the Rubber B straps but at $240 they're not cheap!

Soldato
Hah yeah those springbars with tool-less access are genius, no idea why the big brands don't use it very often, if ever?

Have to say, I've dropped a few jokes about Rolex, but that Tudor really is lovely. There's something about it to prefer over a Sub/Sea Dweller etc. Quite understated.

mrk

mrk

Man of Honour
Aye the rubber strap is same quality as the £90 dive straps I've had on previous watches but half the thickness which is more comfortable. Can't fault it really and a welcome inclusion especially the end link integration.

Everything is pretty understated aye, I guess that was the ethos for the Pelagos as all their other watches have different levels of bling.

Back
Top Bottom