What watch do you wear?

Soldato
I've just ordered an Ocean One black too, no ceramic bezel though - Don't like how it kills the marking around the edge. If they did the ceramic bezel but with the brighter markers of the aluminium version I'd be on it. I was also tempted by the red for the lack of cyclops (I prefer no date subs like uniQ's above), but the greener lume doesn't look as good as the white of the standard Black One, IMO.

Again, it's all the little things. I'd pay double if Steinhart offered a 'watch builder' section where you could customise all your own bits! Interested to see just how good this thing is though - Heard lots of good things about them especially for the price. I wouldn't want to spend much more for a beater.

Shall be interesting to compare bezels when you get yours. I also wasn't too keen about the green natural appearance of the lume on the Ocean 1 Red.

I quite liked the look of the Ocean 1 Premium blue, but it's quite a bump up in price and the colour makes it not as versatile as the Ocean 1 Black.

Be a great idea to be able customise, they could make a killing, they would need to ramp up considerably though with stock and man power. They always appear to be struggling to keep stock in for more than 5 minutes.

Caporegime
Done a bit of modding on the Fossil I got for Christmas. I didn't quite like the green strap it came with, so I bought a brown strap and changed the buckle for a Hirsch black one to match the watch. I'm pleased with how it turned out.

Before

7OLBKAY.jpg

With brown leather strap

i0vDH4G.jpg

Buckle before

xxFAfIg.jpg

and after

UwJ9kV1.jpg

ll9CFzc.jpg

Soldato
I'm rather liking the new Getat 44mm case range of watches. I probably wouldn't have bought my fake Panerai last year if these were out when I was looking to buy. I might have to treat myself:

http://www.siswatch727.com/showroom...717806671017346&productId=1390642307059000102

GetatBrown_zps5774b296.jpg

Last edited:
Soldato
I'm rather liking the new Getat 44mm case range of watches. I probably wouldn't have bought my fake Panerai last year if these were out when I was looking to buy. I might have to treat myself:

You shouldn't have bought it in the first place. Just buy a decent homage like a PRS-20.

Last edited:
Associate
Managed to snag a Christopher Ward C61 in black and orange in their half price sale last week, and I'm very excited for it to arrive! My first foray into automatics too, and for £263 delivered it seems a bloody good value purchase in my mind!

Soldato
Anyone wear smart watches? I've got the Sony Smart Watch 2, I broke the screen at work and I'm looking to buy either the LG G Watch R or the Sony Smart Watch 3.

Anyone had experience with these? I'm leaning towards the LG watch as it looks more like a normal watch.

Man of Honour
Anyone wear smart watches? I've got the Sony Smart Watch 2, I broke the screen at work and I'm looking to buy either the LG G Watch R or the Sony Smart Watch 3.

Anyone had experience with these? I'm leaning towards the LG watch as it looks more like a normal watch.

I looked at getting the LG G Watch R. But once I'd seen it in the flesh I bought the Moto360.

But I do prefer simple watches over the large bezeled jobs. If the bezel was functional, that would have helped it's cause though.

Back
Top Bottom