What watch do you wear?

Soldato
I'm after a new everyday watch. Are there any brands / models which stand out as being pretty tough?

I've been wearing a Suunto X6 for years and it's withstood some right clumsy moments when working in server racks and the like. I do have £50 of high street vouchers which can be spent at Goldsmiths (can't remember where else).

Budget of up to around £150.

Man of Honour
I'm suspecting that they're selling off the current C6x range cheaply now because it's the next in line to receive their in-house movement. I hope so. If they fix the date window I could be seriously interested.

they've suggested new model within the month but not given away whether it will have the new movement, I would be surprised if it didn't

I'm after a new everyday watch. Are there any brands / models which stand out as being pretty tough?

I've been wearing a Suunto X6 for years and it's withstood some right clumsy moments when working in server racks and the like. I do have £50 of high street vouchers which can be spent at Goldsmiths (can't remember where else).

Budget of up to around £150.

Casio g-shock?

Permabanned
Looking for some watch recommendations. It is a gift, here are the requirements:

Mechanical. Budget of around £1k. Must be made in Switzerland.

As for styling its for a man in the 50-60 age band. The styling of something like a classic Stowa would be absolutely perfect but unfortunately it needs to be Swiss not German.

Man of Honour
I've been surprised. Been wearing my Moto360 the most recently.

After splashing out several hundred quid getting 3 watches serviced it's a bit of a annoyance, but I find it genuinely useful.

Just need to get a watch winder/storage box to keep them alive now. Any recommendations for 2/4 watch winders?

beh

beh

Associate
As for styling its for a man in the 50-60 age band. The styling of something like a classic Stowa would be absolutely perfect but unfortunately it needs to be Swiss not German.
Which Stowa in particular?

For <£1k new and "Swiss made" on the dial you're looking at Tissot, Oris, Longines, Glycine, possibly a couple others.

Caporegime
Looking for some watch recommendations. It is a gift, here are the requirements:

Longines would fit nicely in there and make great watches. Hamilton and Oris are also decent.

What is the reason for it having to be Swiss?

Why should anyone have to explain wanting a Swiss watch when looking with a 1k budget? They are highly desirable for a reason and some people (rightly or wrongly) love the sentiments attached to that. :)

Associate

Longines Heritage would be perfect imo. £1100 but you can pick them up for just under £1k easily

Or my favourite Longines at the moment, the Avigation: http://www.longines.com/watches/heritage-collection/L2.831.4.53.2

Last edited:

mrk

mrk

Man of Honour
Longines would fit nicely in there and make great watches. Hamilton and Oris are also decent.

Why should anyone have to explain wanting a Swiss watch when looking with a 1k budget? They are highly desirable for a reason and some people (rightly or wrongly) love the sentiments attached to that. :)

Oh I think you may have misinterpreted my question :o

I mean as in why "Must" it be a Swiss one, as in, there are really poor "Swiss made" watches too that cost several £hundred out on the high street. Many fashion brands bear the "Swiss Made" marking on the lower dial but most here would not touch them with a long stick - Do they hold a desirable market too?

That's what I mean!

It just seemed like a strange thing to must have in that spec is all, and I was curious to know why considering the nice German/Japanese/Russian watches out there at great prices that would also tick the same boxes (other than being Swiss :p).

Back
Top Bottom