What watch do you wear?

Man of Honour
2015-01-29%2010.37.24.jpg

Man of Honour
Great looking watch :)

Do you find the clasp scratches stupid easilly? I wore mine one day and the clasp
Was scratched

Thanks :) Always had doubts about the orange but when I got it in my hands and tried it on it was an instant keeper. Going to be with me for a long time!

Had mine for almost two years and it's barely marked.

Last edited:
Soldato
Thanks :) Always had doubts about the orange but when I got it in my hands and tried it on it was an instant keeper. Going to be with me for a long time!

Had mine for almost two years and it's barely marked.

Can you take a pic of the clasp please?

I know its not just me, i had a little google and it seems a lot of people find it scratches really easilly. Unfortunatlyi dont wear it to work so dont have it with me to take a pic

Just seen your edit, was the same for me with the orange, i went to the bluewater shop with the intention of looking at the orange but being open minded about the other colours, but tried the orange on and couldnt stop going back to it.

Last edited:
Soldato
Huzzah! 1 Steinhart Ocean black in my hand. FedEx dropped it off with a print shop near my flat which I was able to pick it up from this morning. Following thoughts comparing it to the CW C61 I recently returned as they're pretty much the same market.

First impressions: Not as nicely presented as the CW :p It's clearly one of the corners they cut to keep the price down. That and having no customer service to speak of. You won't be keeping the box on the dresser.

The watch comes fully plastic wrapped, with a note warning that if you ever want to send it back for a refund do not remove it. Naturally I read this note after tearing it all off :D

Now whatever you think of the whole 'homage' thing, it's really a very nice watch. IMO there's a lot to not like about the low end diver market - Lots of manufacturers are chucking in things just to differentiate it from the crowd. For many people Rolex nailed this design a long time ago, so unless you're willing to spend rolex money, there's probably going to be something about them you don't like.

There is not a single speck out of place, even under a loupe. The bezel action is nicer than the C61; More to grip, feels tougher and more mechanical. I much prefer the bracelet being all brushed with polished sides instead of polished centre links, the same applying to the case too. The clasp is very poor. Hard to open the clip if you don't have nails and it just feels very stamped and low quality. The clasp on the C61 was better, but being a two push pin system I'd never trust it to stay closed when I needed it too. At least with this I doubt it will ever accidentally come undone.

The crown follows the same tough/mechanical theme compared to the C61. In fact you could probably summarise the general comparison that the C61 doesn't feel like you would ever actually dive with it, where the Ocean 1 does. I'm not sure if you could say the finishing was better on the Steinhart, as the C61 was more or less faultless too, but it definitely feels more premium in the hand. There is of course a weight and size difference which will be contributing factors, but things like the bezel and crown add up. The lume is also better (on the Ocean 1).

The C61 cost me £375 in the sale, with an RRP of £510. The Ocean 1 has cost near enough £300, so a good saving in either scenario. Not only money saved but in my opinion a better watch, certainly much more to my taste. And unless you have a serious thing for the new C60 at £660 on a bracelet I'd just get two Steinharts!

Excellent! Glad it arrived safely and you're happy with it!

Associate
Way to much high end stuff being shown off here.

Here's a little something I got for £27 from Amazon's Boxing Day sale :p

Kind of reminded me of the Hamilton Pan Europ

yLQWSlj.jpg

Man of Honour
Can you take a pic of the clasp please?

I know its not just me, i had a little google and it seems a lot of people find it scratches really easilly. Unfortunatlyi dont wear it to work so dont have it with me to take a pic

mHmQ4d2.jpg

There are a few but really only visible when a light is shing on them. I've had worse than that after a couple of years.

Back
Top Bottom