What watch do you wear?

Man of Honour
An IWC Portuguese is on my list for some point, that and a AP ROO

seeing as the PAM372 is still away being repaired I will resurrect one not used for a while for the weekend :)

vyMNXeh.jpg

Taking that pic has made me realise 2 things, firstly I think I had better get it cleaned/polished and secondly I suck at photography :p

oh and thirdly, the date is wrong :p

think I may sell this one to fund a new purchase

I've got boxes all over the shop, these are the ones I found in my home office a few minutes ago and there must be another 3 or 4 boxes in various places around the house :)

29D1D336-8AE2-4AEE-915C-E27791699E27_zpszifejfyv.jpg

All I need to do is grab the watches out the draws they are sitting in :p

Soldato
I never get round to going into town so can anyone spec me a decent set of tools for removing links and straps? At minimum I need to adjust the strap on my G-Shock.

Soldato
An IWC Portuguese is on my list for some point, that and a AP ROO

seeing as the PAM372 is still away being repaired I will resurrect one not used for a while for the weekend :)

Taking that pic has made me realise 2 things, firstly I think I had better get it cleaned/polished and secondly I suck at photography :p

oh and thirdly, the date is wrong :p

think I may sell this one to fund a new purchase

Think it might be cheaper just to adjust the date yourself rather than buying a whole new watch :p

Soldato
Anybody used/seen/touched Larsson & Jennings before?

Love the look of these two watches :

qEHTLxEl.png.jpg

tULDdTfl.png.jpg

Looking for a second less dressy watch for more informal occasions (nights out, work etc). I had originally been looking at the Christopher Ward c9 rapide. (totally different style I know!)

Last edited:
Soldato
So, eventually got round to taking a "few" snaps (sorry for the picture quality the light was shocking and I didnt have long :( )of the new Steinhart earlier, not the best as I didn't have long, but here goes with a short review:

I went for the Steinhart One Military Vintage (OMV) here as I liked the styling and price for a daily beater / all round workhorse. I also liked the slight nod to the James Bond Sub (not as much as a nod as the Ocean One Vintage here) but after deliberation went for the OMV as I just preferred the overall look and colouring.

It cost 365 Euros (£290.26) delivered, which for a watch of this spec, on paper, was very good value for money.

I ordered direct from the Steinhart website on the 20th January, got my order confirmation on the 21st, shipping / tracking details on the 28th and took delivery (in the UK, from Germany) on the 30th - not bad at all.

First impressions - the box / packaging was a nice surprise, pretty standard outer box but a nice presentation / storage box which was more than expected for a watch of this price:

FpWEsC9.jpg

1XXnHWT.png

The watch itself is solid and has a quality look and feel to it. The crystal is clear and has a great viewing angle, the "charcoal" face is not an issue (in fact I really like the colouring) whereas the previous revision had a black face and some have noted their dislike as to the new colour, but is certainly wasn't a deal breaker for me.

The bezel is solid and has a satisfying "click" as it rotates (which takes a reassuring amount of effort to turn) the case, (screwdown) crown and backcase are, again, well made and surprisingly "solid" for a £300 watch.

The (super) lume does not disappoint either giving a solid, even dark green glow for a number of hours with the shortest of blasts from an LED torch :p

So, all good, so far but then we come to the bracelet. The actual bracelet is, again, solid and weighty giving a feel of a good quality product, especially the solid end links, but the clasp is terribad, a real let down, it feels cheap and flimsy and does not give much reassurance as to its longevity (in fact I've already had one of the screw in pins fall out!). Unfortunately it doesn't stop there. The springbars are without a doubt the most awkward ive ever had the displeasure or removing / reinstalling. That is on the original bracelet - they are fine on other bracelets, straps and obligatory natos. It appears to be a small / badly placed opening in the back of the SELs which make removing / replacing the springbars on the original bracelet a mare.

That said (for me personally as I can't see me using the standard bracelet much) it is more of a niggle or mild annoyance as the overall quality, look and feel of the watch heavily outweighs the bracelet and springbar "issue".

Overall I'm very impressed with the watch for the price and can see it being on my wrist a lot more often that not for the foreseeable, especially with a nice selection of replacements for the original bracelet :)
So here's a "few" pics from earlier:

Original bracelet:

aiLdIQE.png

AkrQZYZ.png

KwL8gVu.png

FRrxGqE.png

WNJN2JZ.png

After (eventually) removing the bracelet:

lIBf4LJ.png

IcuReAQ.png

PQholRF.png

Zzq5neh.png

On a Crown and Buckle brown leather nato:

Jkil9LB.png

GbUCfmW.png

Cheapo eBay rubber strap (just to see how it looks, may plump for a more expensive / decent one now :) )

YFYTY4e.png

Qe4a1k7.png

Black nato

VtKGzJf.png

Black and Grey Striped nato:

CqW6WOR.png

6cb881b.png

Black / Red / Green nato:

inbDVmE.png

ojs3UrL.png

Black and Beige nato:

sY44OtE.png

sK1jIC6.png

And picture gallery here http://imgur.com/a/OVPR9

Soldato
My Seiko Sportura has died today :(. Still got battery, and the stopwatch chrono works, but neither the seconds dial or the main hands are moving. Will try and find somewhere in town that can fix a quartz.

It's my own damn fault anyways - I was in the jewellers the other day looking at Speedmasters, and said to myself I'd get the moonwatch when my Seiko dies. Cursed it! :p

Chooser of poor weather meets
Soldato
Please excuse the potato pic, GF got me a Maratac black nato for my birthday and the bracelet removal tool arrived today, so have swapped over briefly.

jmAJi1A.jpg

Can't decide whether or not to leave it like that for work tomorrow (suit and tie affair) or go back to the bracelet...

Kol

Kol

Man of Honour
Hi guys, apologies for not coming back to say thank you. The tissot is nice, but would like to spend a bit more. What's the perception of Hamilton watches? I've seen a few Raymond Weil watches, too that look nice.

Caporegime
Hi guys, apologies for not coming back to say thank you. The tissot is nice, but would like to spend a bit more. What's the perception of Hamilton watches? I've seen a few Raymond Weil watches, too that look nice.

Hamilton watches are nice, part of the swatch group, the same as Tissot so similar internals for both.

Back
Top Bottom