What watch do you wear?

Soldato
New to me last week,

Teak dial aqua terra with rose gold bezel and markers

A498067E-6BD7-437D-94FF-D9FDAFFC1893_zpsru7s9y7r.jpg

Soldato
Does anyone have one of the more expensive Seikos? I'm looking at the Seiko Astron and am quite taken with it but I've always considered top end Seikos to be about £500 so was quite surprised at the £1500 list price of this one. That's starting to stray into Tudor/ second hand Omega, etc territory. Are they worth the cash?

TIA

Dont know that model specifically but ive got a grand seiko and deffo worth the money imo. Love it.

Soldato
How does it compare to the likes of your more traditional expensive watches (for want of a better phrase) such as Omega, Tudor, etc?

Build quality matches anything ive seen and handled in ADs. I own a speedy pro but cant really comment on long term ownership of other expensive watches.

Associate
How does it compare to the likes of your more traditional expensive watches (for want of a better phrase) such as Omega, Tudor, etc?
hi end Seiko spring drives are one of the best movements around, if your buying for you rather than the name on it go for it. I only thing I am not sure on is resale value if that's important to you

Deleted member 66701

D

Deleted member 66701

Not particularly cheap estimates, especially with 20% buyers premium on top. You can get better prices off an AD/online easily

Nothing goes for it's estimate there.

I got a crated Cosworth Duratec from there for £3k when it's estimate was £7k to £9K. I've seen £5k estimated Rolex's sold there for £1k.

Soldato
Current SOTC

16E8C50E-08AB-4FC5-90F6-BDE0327801DB_zpstgb8tvsq.jpg

I took everything out as im planning a little shakeup, but while i had everything together i thought id take a pic!

From the left, ceramic sub, IWC Portuguese chrono (with me for 6 years now!), IWC 377704, Omega Aqua Terra 8500, two watches of my wife are next Cartier tank in gold, and a Rayond Weil gold plated number, then comes a g shock and my old tag 2000 that i got for my 21st 14 years ago!

Lastly on my wrist is a Panerai 312.

Soldato
Nice collection Cyrus, I'm particularly keen on the Omega and the IWC Portuguese. I have a soft spot for dress watches so that one leaps out in particular for me.

Does anyone here own a Nomos watch? I really like the way they design their watches, and the fact that the movement is in-house adds to the appeal.

Soldato
Current SOTC

I took everything out as im planning a little shakeup, but while i had everything together i thought id take a pic!

From the left, ceramic sub, IWC Portuguese chrono (with me for 6 years now!), IWC 377704, Omega Aqua Terra 8500, two watches of my wife are next Cartier tank in gold, and a Rayond Weil gold plated number, then comes a g shock and my old tag 2000 that i got for my 21st 14 years ago!

Love the IWC pilot! One day.... :D:D

Soldato
Guys, friend recently scored his lifelong ambition as a local bobby. To say this is a great achievement for him is an understatement. It's his birthday soon too so my wife and I would like to buy him a congratulatory gift (watch) for his new job / birthday.

Something suitable for a police role, G-Shock based I'm guessing, but would love alternatives. Budget won't be massive as this is a daily driver, so £300 or so?

Thanks

Last edited:
Associate
Current SOTC

16E8C50E-08AB-4FC5-90F6-BDE0327801DB_zpstgb8tvsq.jpg

one hell of a collection for a 35 year old!

well played sir.

Soldato
thank you,

since i got married and started a family the car obsession had to go by the wayside for a while so a few quid has found its way into watches, they dont depreciate as much either!

Haha I went the other way, since leaving my wife I have bought more watches and am planing a rather special car at some point to replace the 911.

Back
Top Bottom