What watch do you wear?

Associate
A surprise anniversary present from my girlfriend :D. This will be my new daily so I can save the Breitling for special occasions.

11143279_10100197482672795_7671409438444808185_n_zpskcuypxde.jpg

Soldato
my apple watch isn't doing it for me when looking at all of these gorgeous watches in this thread...

But they're totally different things. That's rather more like a tool which performs a multitude of gadgety tasks, whilst many of the pieces in here are functional art (and sometimes not even functional when you consider their time-keeping performance when compared to quartz pieces).

You'd buy an Apple watch for a different reason than you would that rather lovely AP that was referenced earlier today.

Caporegime
A surprise anniversary present from my girlfriend :D. This will be my new daily so I can save the Breitling for special occasions.

http://i3.photobucket.com/albums/y73/wizardskills/11143279_10100197482672795_7671409438444808185_n_zpskcuypxde.jpg[IMG][/QUOTE]

You might end up buying yourself another strap because the standard one is huge!

Caporegime
I'd wager that someone who wants to throw 10k at a watch, with no prior knowledge of watches or preferences, doesnt want sleek and understated. I'm guessing he wants something as gaudy and **LOOK AT ME I R RICH** as possible :D

Yeah, coming in and saying "spec me a 10k watch" is certainly a good way to get yourself abused in a watch thread. :D

Associate
I just received my newest addition to my modest collection today, a Longines Hydroconquest 41mm Auto.

and here it is with my little watch family

I still have 4 spaces to fill............... :D

Man of Honour
Why regret? the omega looks fantastic; mind you, the Bremont, too!

The omega was £££££ I suppose?

The Omega was £4600 and the Bremont was £3200 I think. I can't explain it, but I just prefer the way that the Bremont feels on my wrist, the Omega somehow manages to feel cheaper, it feels closer to my £1500 Tag Heuer. The Bremont really feels like it's in a class of its own.

Don't get me wrong, I really like the Omega, some of the touches are wonderful, but if I could get my money back then I seriously think I would and spend it elsewhere.

Last edited:
Soldato
My watch battery has died again and I think it's a sign (or an excuse!) for me to get a new watch.

I'm looking at <£200 for a smart dress watch. I want a brown leather strap with a light face and a classic-ish design. I don't want a huge face, or 101 dials and buttons.

Any brands to look for? I've seen Christopher Ward mentioned a lot on here but I think they are slightly out of my price range.

Caporegime
The Omega was £4600 and the Bremont was £3200 I think. I can't explain it, but I just prefer the way that the Bremont feels on my wrist, the Omega somehow manages to feel cheaper, it feels closer to my £1500 Tag Heuer. The Bremont really feels like it's in a class of its own.

Don't get me wrong, I really like the Omega, some of the touches are wonderful, but if I could get my money back then I seriously think I would and spend it elsewhere.

How much would you lose if you sell the Omega now?

Or would it be better to hold onto it until at least the release of the next Bond movie for the hype?

Back
Top Bottom