What watch do you wear?

Soldato
My watch battery has died again and I think it's a sign (or an excuse!) for me to get a new watch.

I'm looking at <£200 for a smart dress watch. I want a brown leather strap with a light face and a classic-ish design. I don't want a huge face, or 101 dials and buttons.

Any brands to look for? I've seen Christopher Ward mentioned a lot on here but I think they are slightly out of my price range.

Melbourne Watch Company.

Man of Honour
How much would you lose if you sell the Omega now?

Or would it be better to hold onto it until at least the release of the next Bond movie for the hype?

I don't know, I have no idea about watch prices. But it's a limited run of 15,007 and I imagine all will be sold by the time Spectre comes out. Will have a look at used prices then, but I think it'll definitely get sold provided I don't lose a fortune on it.

Associate
I don't know, I have no idea about watch prices. But it's a limited run of 15,007 and I imagine all will be sold by the time Spectre comes out. Will have a look at used prices then, but I think it'll definitely get sold provided I don't lose a fortune on it.

regarding the feel of the Omega, I kinda get what you're saying. I don't think it looks as special as it should and I mean this with the utmost respect. It's a lovely watch but for that kind of cash (which is a lot) I'd rather have my Panerai 351 all day. When I put it on it feels special, probably the same feeling you get from your Bremont.

Soldato
Bremont Solo with metal strap.

Omega Seamaster Aqua Terra James Bond Special Edition.

A very nice pair S2kip, and it's a shame the Omega doesn't quite cut the mustard for you.

Might something like a Breguet with complication follow on from the Bremont? Seems to be a style that might click with you.

Man of Honour
Like I said, I don't know anything about values, I just liked the look so ordered it. Should have gone and tried one out I guess but there aren't many decent watch shops in Gloucester, in fact I don't think any stock Omega. Maybe Cheltenham but I'm not really sure.

Man of Honour
Personally I'd stick with the Omega for a while. You might find you grow to really like it. The Bremont is really nice but the Seamaster is an absolutely classic design that's endured changing fashions, with modern touches.

Caporegime
If it were 1,007 pieces then I would understand but 15,000. The volume of their production is irrelevant as there is still 15k of these things out in the wild.

I keep using guitars as an example but some models of Gibson guitars have only limited to 300 and funnily enough, around £4600 too and you can still find them online. And Gibson makes 6 figures of guitars per year also.

Soldato
If it were 1,007 pieces then I would understand but 15,000. The volume of their production is irrelevant as there is still 15k of these things out in the wild.

I keep using guitars as an example but some models of Gibson guitars have only limited to 300 and funnily enough, around £4600 too and you can still find them online. And Gibson makes 6 figures of guitars per year also.

But they're totally different markets...

There are an awful lot more people out there with wrists than people who can play a guitar.

noj

noj

Associate
any suggestions on a reasonably priced watch winder? My wife got me one for my b'day 2 years back and its packed up.

either a single or a double that will take a Breitling Colt and a Longines Admiral.

Man of Honour
I've had my grandfather's old vertex restored and just received pictures from the watchmaker - it looks stunning. Will pop some up here when I have a mo

Associate
My first 'boutique brand' purchase, an Obris Morgan Explorer II. Miyota 9015 movement, AR coated sapphire and solid bracelet. Looks to be good value for $280.

xYc5A2b.jpg

NbbsmbU.jpg

Q7oqKA3.jpg

Thanks for the recommendation - I ordered one as well, went with the black dial and the blasted finish. Gorgeous watch and great reviews. Amazing price as well :) Should reach UK towards the end of August...will come back and share my experience

Back
Top Bottom