What watch do you wear?

Soldato
I seriously considering ordering an Obris Morgan Explorer II as well, it seems like a hell of a bargain, so much watch for the money. The style is great, quality looks first rate and I love the bracelet on it, I reckon you would pay $100 for that alone if you bought one like that separately.

I'm thinking brushed with a blue face. After reading some reviews of it elsewhere and seeing a variety of photos the blue is lovely, it's actually a dark sunburst blue dial, the pictures Obris Morgan have on their website do not show this well at all though. In fact it's hard to tell the difference between the blue and black from their photos.

Last edited:
Soldato
I've actually found the accuracy on mine really good - I'm not anal about it being spot on so cant say exactly but I only find I need to adjust it every month or so and even then it's normally less than 5 minutes out

Caporegime
I just received my newest addition to my modest collection today, a Longines Hydroconquest 41mm Auto.

and here it is with my little watch family

I still have 4 spaces to fill............... :D

I really prefer the old model of Hydroconquest, looks much more characterful with the enlarged quarter numbers.

Lovely Longines master Collection Moon Watch though... do you wear it often? Was considering it myself as I have seen it for a very good price during sale time. :)

Associate
I've actually found the accuracy on mine really good - I'm not anal about it being spot on so cant say exactly but I only find I need to adjust it every month or so and even then it's normally less than 5 minutes out

I really like setting my watch to match the atomic clock. I do it every other day so I know it's always spot on. Also creates a tighter bond. Still in the honeymoon phase with this piece though.

Associate
I really prefer the old model of Hydroconquest, looks much more characterful with the enlarged quarter numbers.

Lovely Longines master Collection Moon Watch though... do you wear it often? Was considering it myself as I have seen it for a very good price during sale time. :)

I know a lot of people prefer the older style hydroconquest but i much prefer the newer dial. After wearing it for a couple of days i am impressed with the accuracy, it's +4 secs per 24 hours.

The intention with the master collection moonphase was to only wear it on special occasions etc, but i just can't help wearing it every other day as it's a gorgeous watch! I can't really wear it with jeans and t-shirt though as it looks a bit too smart for that.

Last edited:
Soldato
I really like setting my watch to match the atomic clock. I do it every other day so I know it's always spot on. Also creates a tighter bond. Still in the honeymoon phase with this piece though.

I check and adjust daily - especially with a watch that goes slow. My Sub averages around 3-5 seconds fast a day, and that I can just about live with. Much better than 3-5 slow.

Associate
I only set my watches roughly. say, to the nearest minute, and I'll let them lag too...am I bizarre? :)
Mind you I have OCD for other stuff, but having notoriously rather imprecise mechanical watches aligned to the second is not one :)

Man of Honour
I only set my watches roughly. say, to the nearest minute, and I'll let them lag too...am I bizarre? :)
Mind you I have OCD for other stuff, but having notoriously rather imprecise mechanical watches aligned to the second is not one :)

I'm the same, I set roughly. I sometimes forget to set them at all proving that I like pretty jewellery.

Man of Honour

I set mine and let it run for three months before making a correction.

Soldato
I can't think why I'd need accuracy to the second on my watch, not with my lifestyle anyway....

Oh, I don't need it, I just like knowing that it is accurate to within a certain time window; it's just grin-worthy when you consider that something contained within a small metal disk on your wrist that is powered by your movement can be accurate to within X seconds per day.

At least, it is for me! :D

Back
Top Bottom