What watch do you wear?

Trains tends to leave the station pretty much bang on time on my line (shocker i know). Having a watch that runs 2 mins slow and think it's not means risking missing it.

Absolutely - same here.

If my phone let me have seconds on the 'external' clock then that would be a fine compromise, but it doesn't. Third party apps just add seconds to the notifications bar, but in totally the wrong place.

Today's wrist clock, currently five seconds gained:

20183013889_7df4dc8dbd_c.jpg

Last edited:
Love the magnified date , didn't realise it made it that big.(the rest of the watch is awesome as well).

Honestly, I'm not a big fan of it - it limits the viewing angle of the date. I much prefer the Sea Dweller in this regard (the earlier, non-Deep Sea) as it doesn't use the cyclops. But, the case is much thicker than the Sub, and as such stood too proud on my wrist.

There are no date Subs too which some prefer due to the more balanced appearance the lack of date gives the dial, but I couldn't be doing without the date on a watch of this type.

After lusting after an Omega for the last 5 years or so I stepped in to the Omega Boutique at Westfield this afternoon and tried on a couple that have peaked my interest. First time I've ever done this and it was actually a great experience, the sales person was friendly and very helpful.

D7ph1nY.jpg

I've always loved the Seamaster Diver 300M. I know many have issues with the bracelet, it's not entirely to my taste but I don't think it's utterly terrible. The watch does seem to wear a little small on my wrist though. I have been wearing my Steinhart Ocean One constantly since January and it wears pretty big and heavy, so not sure if my eyes/mind are being skewed by that.

MEl5Z1t.jpg

Next I tried on the 46mm Seamaster Planet Ocean, loved the size, I can definitely pull it off with my beast wrists. My concern is how the hell is this thing going to slip under the cuff of a shirt.... it's not going to happen. The height is huge and it will restrict where/when this watch can be worn and for that reason I have lost all interest in it. Not entirely impressed by the finish on the black dial either, it's very plan looking for a watch of this price. If it had that lacquered wet looking finish of the Diver 300M it would be stunning IMO. Date window isn't all that nice also.

Call me mad, but I think I actually prefer the look of the Diver 300M. Still a little unsure though. I need to spend some more time considering.

Last edited:
G-Shock GW-4000 Replacement for my GW-3000 that melted when i sprayed deet on it , not too keen on it though as i have to have my eye right up to the face to see the writing on the sub dials.

Can someone recommend me a diver's watch(not actually a diver, just prefer the look of them :p) for around £100?

I have seen a lot from Seiko but dont know which ones good for the price.

Thanks.

edit: Also like the looks of the Orient Ray/Mako. What are the chances of the watch being fake?(if possible) when buying from an eBay store/seller.

Last edited:
Back
Top Bottom