What watch do you wear?

Associate
New to the collection: Steinhart Ocean One Premium Blue. Shiney!

_1000478.jpg

_1000482.jpg

Associate
I really can't make my mind up about the steinhart brand. I'm considering the OVM and on one hand it seems like a fantastic watch for the money but then the next minute I feel like I'm spending a lot of money on essentially a copy/fake.

Associate
I really can't make my mind up about the steinhart brand. I'm considering the OVM and on one hand it seems like a fantastic watch for the money but then the next minute I feel like I'm spending a lot of money on essentially a copy/fake.

Well, it's definitely an 'homage' but it comes with some 'special' features, especially the blue one. The triangular marker is quite cool, and of course, this one has the fancy new movement and window at the back.

Soldato
`The PO has been worn all day, everyday mostly, apart from a couple of session gardening where I decided to wear the Rep. Both watches are on the bedsite table, crown up when not in use. I did 'top up' the rep, as it's not been worn much.

I do understand that an automatic won't be as precise as a quartz, I do, but I expected a Omega watch to /at least/ match a random piece of chinese junk, most especially it's in 'active use'.

Agreed.

What's the exact model number of your PO?

Associate
Well, it's definitely an 'homage' but it comes with some 'special' features, especially the blue one. The triangular marker is quite cool, and of course, this one has the fancy new movement and window at the back.

Don't get me wrong I'm not criticising your choice in the slightest. Just trying to make up my mind if I want to take the plunge on one myself!

Soldato
A nice collection you got there Steve.

Nice collection & love the Tissot Visodate

Thanks SDK and Van Diemen.

The Visodate is lovely, one of the nicest dress watches for less than £400.

zYAuMtW.jpg

My Visodate has taken a bit of a back seat at the moment though as this has been on everyday for during work.

PMDw9Iq.jpg

The dial on the SARB065 (Cocktail Time) is mesmerizing. Some say that it photographs nicely but doesn't look very special in the flesh, I disagree though. It looks fantastic. That dial can look anywhere from pale blue to purple depending on the light, it's very unique and looks stunning.

Soldato
BusError, I really like that Ocean One Premium Blue.

Hi Guys

It's my 40th next month and I think a nice watch would be a nice gift for myself

£400 for the budget, where's best to start looking, and what makes should I steer clear of

Thanks

What kind of watch are you after? Something dressy, something causal or something in between which can be dressed up or down? Do you want an automatic or quartz?

You have quite a few options in your price bracket. You could get something Swiss made such as a Tissot, Hamilton, Victorinox. Or going down the Swiss made micro brand route you could look at Steinhart or perhaps a Christopher Ward (CW do not offer great value for money as they once did).

Lots of options!

Last edited:
Soldato
Creationwatches are very good for Tissot, Hamilton, Seiko and many other brands. I have placed many orders with them in the past and the longest I've had to wait was 4 days for the order to arrive. One thing I will say is some of their product photos aren't fantastic and it's very easy to be put off a watch if you're purely browsing that site, so take a look elsewhere for images of what watches which you might be interested in.

I would be tempted to get something with a bracelet, that way you can remove the bracelet and swap it for a strap which can instantly change the look of a watch, a leather strap traditionally being more dressy, or (if it suites) go completely the other way and fit a NATO strap for that sporty look.

I would take a look at the brands I mentioned as there is bound to be something which takes your fancy.

Last edited:
Soldato
Creationwatches are very good for Tissot, Hamilton, Seiko and many other brands. I have placed many orders with them in the past and the longest I've had to wait was 4 days for the order to arrive. One thing I will say is some of their product photos aren't fantastic and it's very easy to be put off a watch if you're purely browsing that site, so take a look elsewhere for images of what watches which you might be interested in.

I would be tempted to get something with a bracelet, that way you can remove the bracelet and swap it for a strap which can instantly change the look of a watch, a leather strap traditionally being more dressy, or (if it suites) go completely the other way and fit a NATO strap for that sporty look.

I would take a look at the brands I mentioned as there is bound to be something which takes your fancy.

Have been looking at a Tissot from the above site. Did you have to pay customs taxes / import duties for them when you ordered?

Back
Top Bottom