What watch do you wear?

Associate
Nice pics of a nice watch, congrats.

Very nice! Even tho I own a PO, a SMC has a very nice look and I might get one too, as it's quite a bit less bulky. I *love* the AR filter on the PO, I think it makes a huge difference to the look of the watches, and that Seamaster looks exactly the same, the crystal just vanishes.

Chooser of poor weather meets
Soldato
looks fake to me. what model is it? and shouldnt it have sunburst dial.

and who the hell would buy a 2 tone sub with diamonds lol

Not an experienced enough eye to spot a fake, but to me it looks like the yellow gold/steel Sub with a blue face, like this one.

And yes I agree, wouldn't buy one personally as anything more than £6k on a Sub is madness in my eyes, but each to their own.

Soldato
While we're talking about 007's....

So after a visit to a local watch shop to buy my gf's dad a birthday present I'm in a quandary about the Omega I'm looking at...

The model pictured below is what I've had my eye on but I didn't like to polished inner links on the bracelet and wanted a brushed look like the outer links. Today in the shop I asked to try one on and found myself wearing one with a fully brushed strap, a slightly different bezel and a lollypop second hand rather than the one pictured.

Standard left - Spectre right.

233.30.41.21.01.001.jpg
Omega-Seamaster-300-Spectre3.jpg

I asked the assistant what the deal was and she says it's the new 007 watch from the Spectre movie. Slightly confused I questioned her as I thought the Aqua Terra 150 was the limited edition 007 watch but it turns out there are two. This one is much more subtle than the AT 150 as the only references to 007 are on the clasp and on the back of the watch where the limited edition number is..

So the 007 watch is around £700 more than the standard version but it's go the tweaks I like over the standard one.

My questions are..

1. Are 007 watches better investments over a standard watch?
2. Are 007 watches gimmicks. I'm not sure if it cheapens the Omega experience so would like others views on this.
3. The one I looked at was number 90 out of 7007. Do lower numbers retain value better?

Probably all naff questions but I know someone will give me their opinion :)

Last edited:
Soldato
Thanks for all the comments guys. Really happy with it.

I re-adjusted the bracelet today as it was too tight, gotta love those tiny screws on the bracelet! I added on another link and took off half a link which resulted in it being too loose. Thought I was in for a problem especially with no micro adjustment.

Defining all logic, I took off two half links and to my surprise I now have the perfect fit. Interesting that half a link isn't actually half a link in size, it's slightly less than half. The bracelet is now extremely comfortable and feels great.

Went for a lume shot tonight, love the green and blue lume!

Y8UQeug.jpg

Back
Top Bottom