What watch do you wear?

Caporegime
There seems to be loads of photos of the shine on the blue dial but this is the only one ive seen of the black.

Do you see the shine in general use or do you have to hunt for it?

The reason I ask is i dont know if blue or black is the one to go for :)

It needs direct light on it otherwise it is black most of the time. Same with the blue really, seems dark unless there's light on it. I think black suits the watch better.

Soldato
It needs direct light on it otherwise it is black most of the time. Same with the blue really, seems dark unless there's light on it. I think black suits the watch better.

With the blue i was told it is basically black indoors and comes alive in the sunlight - two watches - which sounds rather nice

But then the brushed grey dial looks so cool - id have it on the orange rubber :D

Permabanned

Thanks, I was hoping for about £500-600. I don't know what to do really, it was present from the missus about 10 years ago. I have worn it on occasion and it was nice to wear when we went out but now I have my Apple Watch I wear that all the time and love it. I am a gadget lover. I have not mentioned to her about potentially selling it yet but I would use the money to get her a nice bracelet.

Any thoughts?

Caporegime
It's a 212.30.41.20.01.003. Catchy.

With the blue i was told it is basically black indoors and comes alive in the sunlight - two watches - which sounds rather nice

But then the brushed grey dial looks so cool - id have it on the orange rubber :D

You can't go wrong really, even the box it comes in is cool.

qFbEqUG.jpg

Admittedly I am having to send mine back to them as the spring inside the crown has broken which is a bit of a bummer, but they're covering the return postage so I won't be out of pocket.

Soldato
Soldato
So I'm after some more suggestions... I've never been keen on a lot of dive style watches but seeing the likes of the orbis Morgan and the steinhart posted here are making me more tempted to try one out, especially for the price.

I think I'd only wear that sort of thing as a casual peice so most days I'll have my tissot on. I don't fancy an automatic becuase I'd have to keep winding it. Is there anything similar in style (and price) to the OM or steinhart but with a Quartz movement?

Associate
I have one of these: http://www.amazon.co.uk/gp/product/B00CHYT0EE?psc=1&redirect=true&ref_=oh_aui_detailpage_o07_s01

Been very happy with it; its a bit larger than the Steinhart (44mm) sits a bit lower on the wrist, and quartz -- so no sweeping hand! But otherwise I'd dare to say they look very, very similar, in fact I'd give it more points for the quality of the clasp; I think the Steinhart is a bit let down by it.
The lume of the Sturling is rather poor, while the one on the Steinhart is absolutely fantastic.

There are probably dozens of equivalent course, thats just the one I got first, as I wanted to see how the 'divers' would suit me without breaking the bank...

Caporegime
So I'm after some more suggestions... I've never been keen on a lot of dive style watches but seeing the likes of the orbis Morgan and the steinhart posted here are making me more tempted to try one out, especially for the price.

I think I'd only wear that sort of thing as a casual peice so most days I'll have my tissot on. I don't fancy an automatic becuase I'd have to keep winding it. Is there anything similar in style (and price) to the OM or steinhart but with a Quartz movement?

Nothing I can think of bar a couple of Citizens and Seikos, but setting the time and date on a watch is no hardship really :p

http://www.dutyfreeislandshop.com/c...-promaster-marine-200m-iso-cert-divers-watch/

Last edited:
Soldato
Never heard of sturling but that's exactly what I had in mind, price is nice too if the quality is decent enough.

Setting and winding isn't a hardship but it would be a faff - I guess I've always had cheep Quartz watches and now a daily wearer automatic so it's not a habit I'm in. I can see myself forgetting to set it and being very confused a bit later :)

Associate
Could you guys help me find a watch?

I'm struggerling as I can't seem to stand having a metal watch touching my skin - I seem to get a a rash / heat issues when I have worn these before :(

Don't want to spend a fortune on one, but it'd be nice to have one again - even though I ahven't worn one for what seem's ages

mrk

mrk

Man of Honour
Yup Titanium does not have the skin irritation issues that stainless steel has. It also warms up quicker and is a lighter, softer (though stronger) than steel. The downside is that it will scratch easier.

Pros and cons.

Back
Top Bottom