What watch do you wear?

Man of Honour
This is a video of the play in the bezel, it feels really spongy - https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=LX-kpj-3DnI

This is how the bezel lines up, one click before and it's too far to the right, one click on and it's off centre. Every picture I've ever seen has always been bang on and there's been two precise clicks for each minute.

[/QUOTE]

No sponginess on mine and it aligns. Are you taking it back?

Soldato
The video doesn't really show anything at the moment - seems like it's been cut?

The alignment of the bezel is supposedly one of the reasons the newer sports Rolexes use a rather more complex alignment system, as the older versions could end up having a mis-aligned bezel. So it's not unheard of in this price bracket. But on a new piece, it's totally unacceptable.

Caporegime
You can see where the bezel and case meet that there's a fair amount of movement. They're going to get it collected and replaced so all should be well soon.

Man of Honour
I understand these things happen, but after seeing everyone so delighted with theirs I'm a bit annoyed that I managed to get the sloppy reject :p

We'll all be delighted for you a second time. :p It's not often you get to do the same unboxing twice. You should film just in case you get another duff bezel. :D

Caporegime
The watch didn't have any protective stickers over the crystal so something could have happened between the AD and Iconic or it's been dropped badly. If the second one comes like it then I'll start worrying.

Associate
That's exactly what I'm thinking. I'm pulling the trigger on one soon and I'd be gutted if it turned up like that :(

How on earth could that pass QC is beyond me.

Mind you to be fair it looks like one of the springy ball bearing went missing or the spring broke, or something, so it probably looked fine until you moved it.

But I agree about the QC -- thats a bit similar to my ££££ Planet Ocean that is not as accurate as my ££ chinese copy :/ still haven't totally got over that one. Luckily, it's still a splendid watch...

Soldato
Thats a bit similar to my ££££ Planet Ocean that is not as accurate as my ££ chinese copy :/ still haven't totally got over that one. Luckily, it's still a splendid watch...

Sometimes it takes awhile for it to bed in, my old Planet Ocean 2500 was extremely accurate. New watches tend to run slightly fast at first.

If you purchased it from a store, you can take in back in to get it regulated.

Soldato
Sometimes it takes awhile for it to bed in, my old Planet Ocean 2500 was extremely accurate. New watches tend to run slightly fast at first.

If you purchased it from a store, you can take in back in to get it regulated.

His is still running well within spec - nothing to be concerned about. It's the fact that his China clone is far, far more accurate that is understandably irksome!

Soldato
Ouch - hope they sort that out Janesy !

Got an email a few days ago about this but only just really taken a look

OCEAN Titanium 500 premium
The STEINHART Ocean Titanium 500 Premium is our contemporary interpretation of a divers watch classic par excellence and comes up with many remarkable details, such as the extremely robust and at the same time very light case made of satin titanium. Additionally, it has a from the inside double anti-reflective domed sapphire crystal, which is framed by the unidirectional rotating diving bezel with its glossy black ceramic inlay whose engraved markings were generously equipped with luminous material. This also applies to the pointer and the dial, whose light blue accents emphasize discreetly the character of this modern sports watch. Inside the Steinhart OCEAN Titanium 500 Premium the premium movement A10-2 Top of the Swiss company Soprod performs its extremely precise service. The beautifully decorated movement is visible through a mineralglass bottom. Whether on a titanium-, rubber-, synthetic- or leather band, the STEINHART Ocean Titanium 500 Premium always leaves a cool impression, a must for every watch fan.

Lng0sKi.jpg

rQ71R05.jpg

I quite like it (bit like a skinny DSSD) but not overly keen on the blue "Titanium 500" text on the face

http://www.steinhartwatches.de/en/OCEAN-Titanium-500-premium,974.html

Associate
I like the slightly more 'modern' look, and the fact the whole dial is lumed -- not sure about the titanium tho, apparently titanium scratches very easily -- also the dial is very, very 'flat' looking.

On the other hand If they have upgraded the bracelet, it might be a nice upgrade for my premium Blue.

In any case, no regrets buying the Blue one, it's quite a stonker :)

Back
Top Bottom