What watch do you wear?

Man of Honour
I like everything apart from the date a 6 o'clock. If it was a no-date unit like the OOVM I'd seriously consider getting one. It reminds me of the Obris Morgan Explorer II but a little less chunky.

mrk

mrk

Man of Honour
That looks nice, they are clearly taking inspiration from dssd and the Tudor Pelagos! Which is no bad thing of course.

Speaking of which, green is very fitting I think:

rps20150910_091757_856.jpg

Bit marmite for some, I imagine! I just love how the look and feel can be transformed so easily, a very versatile watch.

mrk

mrk

Man of Honour
Maratac are the original NATO manufacturer, their straps really are the best quality. I'd be surprised if any oem bundled NATO from any brand comes close to them.

Soldato
Maratac are the original NATO manufacturer, their straps really are the best quality. I'd be surprised if any oem bundled NATO from any brand comes close to them.

Really? I thought Timefactors did the best Nato? The thing I like about Timefactors are the square matt finish metal buckles. What I don't like is there are too many holes punched into the strap.

mrk

mrk

Man of Honour
Timefactors ones are good, but not Maratac good. Timefactors updated their hardware a while back to the straight cut chunky buckles which are great.

Caporegime
I'd like to try an Omega NATO strap but not for the money they want.

I've ordered from loads of different suppliers and quality seems to differ between straps, doesn't seem to happen with Maratac or Timefactors. I'm sure everyone else just gets their stock from Alibaba.

Last edited:
Soldato
Ouch - hope they sort that out Janesy !

Got an email a few days ago about this but only just really taken a look

rQ71R05.jpg

I quite like it (bit like a skinny DSSD) but not overly keen on the blue "Titanium 500" text on the face

http://www.steinhartwatches.de/en/OCEAN-Titanium-500-premium,974.html

Was going to post this. It's definitely more unique, not so sure about the hands and hour indices, looks not very premium if you ask me.

Also I can't say I'm happy about the titanium route they've gone down.

mrk

mrk

Man of Honour

I've ordered from loads of different suppliers and quality seems to differ between straps, doesn't seem to happen with Maratac or Timefactors. I'm sure everyone else just gets their stock from Alibaba.

I seem to recall that the Omega NATO is not really a NATO, it's more like the Tudor one where the spring bars go through the strap like a normal strap, but it also leads under the case back. Sort of a hybrid not NATO. This ultimately makes the strap a tedious process to change if you have multiple other NATOs.

Soldato

If its anything like the one that come with the SpeedMaster Moon watch its really not worth the money. I found the material very thin, but nice to have one of the buckle engraved with the Omega logo... thats what your paying for.

Timefactors ones are good, but not Maratac good. Timefactors updated their hardware a while back to the straight cut chunky buckles which are great.

You must have seen your fair share of Natos. So wondered if you seen a Nato with fabric buckles? Like the strap on the Omega Apollo
http://www.watchallure.com/wp-conte...11-45th-Anniversary-Limited-Edition-Strap.jpg

Last edited:
Soldato
I'm struggling to find something :(

I want a weekend watch nato strap perhaps, something for £150-£200 thats a bit tough, waterproof, and not dressy in t-shirt/jumper and jeans

Like a Seiko 5 Sports Military SNZG09J1 Luminous 100M for instance

Caporegime
I'm struggling to find something :(

I want a weekend watch nato strap perhaps, something for £150-£200 thats a bit tough, waterproof, and not dressy in t-shirt/jumper and jeans

Like a Seiko 5 Sports Military SNZG09J1 Luminous 100M for instance

I bought my Hamilton Khaki Auto for £200 on the TZ-UK sales corner, looks good on NATO straps and the leather strap it comes with.

ip2hA7C.jpg

IoHNLmG.jpg

Last edited:
Back
Top Bottom