What watch do you wear?

Caporegime
No problem, glad you finally got a non broken one and you're happy with it! It's extremely comfortable on the wrist isn't it? Definitely the most comfortable bracelet I've ever worn, hardly notice it's there.

How many links did they remove for you?

I like the idea of the screws but they do make the resizing process a longer affair.. so, so fiddly. They are the smallest screws I've ever encountered.

Four links, two from each side. It feels like I either need one of the half links taken out and a full one put back in, or just another half link. It's a little snug but as it's comfortable I don't notice, better than having it slide down my wrist anyway.

Soldato
added some colour recently, Out went my 116610LN and a Panerai 312 and in came a hulk and a 41mm datejust in blue,

the blue dial is a stunner, and on the wrist the 41mm 116300 works better than some of the pics that make it look a little clunky

5C9851F1-FC80-41D8-817C-718CA28D17F6_zps5emgazee.jpg

C172C630-92C8-47B3-842F-D175A1723E9B_zpsog8nm57w.jpg
82C65676-72CC-4706-99FA-1395C00C1C06_zpsm4crrunw.jpg
184A2FA6-3946-435F-9FAB-E95EAEFCDBA9_zpslkvzikwl.jpg
[/URL][/IMG]

mrk

mrk

Man of Honour
Subjective but... the lume markers are too big/long for that dial size/design in my eyes, it's a clash with the skinny hour and minute hands too :/

Associate
That blue DateJust is great - I think it's the best 'up-sized' model in the Rolex range. Dial colour, proportion of the hands and indices, great lume and superb quality of the new bracelets. Great choice. And the Hulk isn't bad either!

Permabanned
What watch? I ususlly don't. If I do, it'll depends on what I'm doing.

If it's business, usualiy a titanium Seiko. If it's private but formal, I've an old, gold Rolex I inherited. I don't particularly like Rolex, but it's sentimental value, as it was Dad's. If it's something rough and tumble, an old waterproof Casio stopwatch. Or one of several dress watches, of which my favourite is a gold Rotary.

But mostly, either I don't need to know the time, or the phone will suffuce.

Soldato
Really nice, but I think you need a Planet Ocean - the larger size would suit your wrist

The Planet Ocean definitely does match the size of my wrists well, I tried a 46mm on at an Omega Boutique a couple of months back. But it's just too large to be able to be worn with a suit, I think it would look hilarious. I spend all of my working week in a suit which would mean it would be a weekend watch; the PO is far to expensive to just be a weekend watch.

What helps is (thankfully) I'm not too bowled over by the Planet Ocean to begin with, that was confirmed when I tried one on. It's nice but I'm not amazed by it, there are others on my list. :)

Soldato
Back
Top Bottom