What watch do you wear?

dod

dod

Soldato
been wearing this all weekend, got an option to buy it but I'm not sure, it feels a bit small

IMG_0419.JPG

Associate
been wearing this all weekend, got an option to buy it but I'm not sure, it feels a bit small
IMG_0419.JPG

Thats my problem with the 'true' moonwatch too, thats why I like the Saphire Sandwitch version, even if it's not a 'true' one.. (its more like 44mm wide)

Whats the asking price? this one has a bit of patina, it looks gently worn, thats nice...

Associate
[/spoiler]

Thats my problem with the 'true' moonwatch too, thats why I like the Saphire Sandwitch version, even if it's not a 'true' one.. (its more like 44mm wide)

Whats the asking price? this one has a bit of patina, it looks gently worn, thats nice...

The "sapphire sandwich" is exactly the same size and is the same watch as a Speedmaster Pro Moonwatch. The only difference is sapphire crystal face and exhibition back (hence sandwich).

The Speedmaster automatics are 44mm. They are substantially wider and thicker.

As said above, that one pictured is a Speedmaster reduced at 38mm

Soldato
Less Omegas, more Tudors :cool:

ytJqRW0.jpg

Man... I love the Pelagos.

I saw the new one at Baselworld and even after staring at it for hours... I couldnt do it. I knew every time I would look at it that I would remember it had an ETA movement in it. That isnt to say that ETA movements are bad, but if i were to drop the kind of cash you need for a Pelagos, I would want a caliber of movement that matched the price tag (im as interested in movements as watches).

Im even more tempted now that the new version has an in house movement :)

mrk

mrk

Man of Honour
Man... I love the Pelagos.

I saw the new one at Baselworld and even after staring at it for hours... I couldnt do it. I knew every time I would look at it that I would remember it had an ETA movement in it. That isnt to say that ETA movements are bad, but if i were to drop the kind of cash you need for a Pelagos, I would want a caliber of movement that matched the price tag (im as interested in movements as watches).

Im even more tempted now that the new version has an in house movement :)

The new movement needs to prove itself first as a workhorse movement - Give it a few years :p

The 2824-2 (though slightly breathed on by Tudor on this watch) is in watches from boutique to high end, a renowned movement for reliability and general accuracy.

I'd be inclined to upgrade, but the revised dial is a total no go IMO, too busy with those 5 lines of text. Tudor should have kept it the same as the original. It also means I can send it into a watchmaker of my own choosing if I have any issues or when servicing, as opposed to an AD with the in-house!

Man of Honour
The only thing that spoils the North Flag for me is the power reserve, looks like a rev counter on a digital dashboard. A more subtle design to that element would leave me wanting one.

Soldato
The new movement needs to prove itself first as a workhorse movement - Give it a few years :p

The 2824-2 (though slightly breathed on by Tudor on this watch) is in watches from boutique to high end, a renowned movement for reliability and general accuracy.

I'd be inclined to upgrade, but the revised dial is a total no go IMO, too busy with those 5 lines of text. Tudor should have kept it the same as the original. It also means I can send it into a watchmaker of my own choosing if I have any issues or when servicing, as opposed to an AD with the in-house!

Yes, the new dial isnt as nice as the original.

And the new movement does need to prove itself.

And although the 2824-2 is a very popular workhorse movement, for me it just doesnt have that special quality. And for me getting a watch like this is about having that "special quality".

mrk

mrk

Man of Honour
Yes, the new dial isnt as nice as the original.

And the new movement does need to prove itself.

And although the 2824-2 is a very popular workhorse movement, for me it just doesnt have that special quality. And for me getting a watch like this is about having that "special quality".

Yup I can understand that :)

For me it was a case of wanting a watch that felt its price every time I put it on or looked at it, or rotated the bezel. The movement wasn't too important as long as it was reliable. The deal maker was the bracelet clasp of course :p

Soldato
Todays arrival after some collection upheaval recently :p

New 01 navitimer, whole package oozes quality as does the watch, a very wearable 43mm, and lots of classy touches like the applied flying B logo etc

some people find the navi dial too busy, but its busy for a reason and i never had any issue telling the time on my previous version

97528F03-9854-4967-BAB4-575BD79EB2E4_zps6dt2rutc.jpg

C7D1D6B8-0F08-49C9-B789-6F2F32D75B0C_zps7yqn9hky.jpg

Soldato
Yup I can understand that :)

For me it was a case of wanting a watch that felt its price every time I put it on or looked at it, or rotated the bezel. The movement wasn't too important as long as it was reliable. The deal maker was the bracelet clasp of course :p

Oh yeah! that clasp is just fantastic

Its a shame they dont sell them separately, id fit them to all my bracelets

mrk

mrk

Man of Honour
Long exposing for lume is cheating really, if the seconds hand isn't frozen then gtfo :p

Oh yeah! that clasp is just fantastic

Its a shame they dont sell them separately, id fit them to all my bracelets

I'm surprised Rolex haven't used it in some of their divers, guess they want to allow Tudor to have their flagship all on its own. The clasp doesn't even have a name!

Back
Top Bottom