What watch do you wear?

mrk

mrk

Man of Honour
The revised HydroConquest uses the in-house column wheel movement, a very good movement whilst the original used the ETA 2824-2, also a very good movement. Sadly just like Tudor, Longines dirtied the dial of the revised model by making it too busy. You could get the original version for cheaper but I don't know if they did it in red like that one.

Either way, both versions are made really well and the revised one is all brushed stainless steel (old one had polished bits), so that offsets the busy dial in some way :p

I think the HydroConquest holds its own very well, not trying to copy any other watch out there, just being a diver with its own style cues.

Word of warning, the lume on all Longines like this isn't very bright, and it's old type lume in green. I got so fed up with it that I sent mine away to be re-lumed in BGW9. So if you like your lume bright out of the box, then this probably isn't the watch for you.

Soldato
Long exposing for lume is cheating really, if the seconds hand isn't frozen then gtfo :p

:p

11886566964_0bf201beff_b.jpg

Possible, yes :)

14888815325_c89a3f42e4_b.jpg

Last edited:
Associate
Soldato
After seeing a few of these in here I thought it was time to get my first automatic:

sl6RLtU.jpg

3jRLU8G.jpg

ZMZOaEV.jpg

bkV9HXo.jpg

oCO5WvR.jpg

Seiko SARB065 (Cocktail time).

I've got a burgundy hirsch coming shortly to go on it so will get some better photos then :)

For reference it actually looks silver in most lights, just has hints of blue popping as the lights catch it.

Soldato
The revised HydroConquest uses the in-house column wheel movement, a very good movement whilst the original used the ETA 2824-2, also a very good movement. Sadly just like Tudor, Longines dirtied the dial of the revised model by making it too busy. You could get the original version for cheaper but I don't know if they did it in red like that one.

Either way, both versions are made really well and the revised one is all brushed stainless steel (old one had polished bits), so that offsets the busy dial in some way :p

I think the HydroConquest holds its own very well, not trying to copy any other watch out there, just being a diver with its own style cues.

Word of warning, the lume on all Longines like this isn't very bright, and it's old type lume in green. I got so fed up with it that I sent mine away to be re-lumed in BGW9. So if you like your lume bright out of the box, then this probably isn't the watch for you.

I got this watch a few months back as my first ever watch, still wearing it every day and liking it. As mrk says the only real thing up with it is the lume.

Its not always about the lume you know :p

R0nPPSz.gif

Back
Top Bottom