What watch do you wear?

Deleted member 66701

D

Deleted member 66701

Alan! Alan! Alan! Steve! Steve! What's the model number on this beautiful looking work of art please? :D It looks like the SKX007J2 but I'm not 100% on that.

SKX007J3

The "Jn" denotes the bracelet style. J1 is rubber, J2 is Jubilee and J3 is Super Oyster.

Last edited by a moderator:
Caporegime
YLt0Lk3.jpg

Been wearing the Seamaster constantly since I got it, expect for today. Some marks on yeh clasp already but I'm not that fussy about things like that. Wonky bezels however... :p

wEvbHYC.jpg

Last edited:
Associate
Can someone tell me what this part is called?

buckle.PNG

Also, What does a watch warranty cover?

Soldato
HPTL7, they're called keepers. They can be fixed or floating. In the photo the one near the buckle pin is definitely a fixed one. the other looks to be floating.

Associate
Purchased one of these too (rubber strap).

Thought I'd go for a "cheapie" (£110) to see if I like wearing watches (last time was about 15 years ago).

So far I'm undecided. :confused:

Well, I bought a 11 quid watch from Ali, after not wearing a watch for ... ever or so. And I'm hooked. Went from zero watches to about 10 in 4 months or so :)

I know it will settle tho, once I bought the speedy, I'll probably be fine :)

Associate
Just thought I would chime in - I have this beautiful watch below, which is different I thought to the all black Seiko above.

Seiko_Skx009_1.jpg

Just a thought to those who are looking ;).

Caporegime
Do you know the difference between the Kn models and the Jn models?

Also wondering on the lume, are some blue and some green as I swear I have seen both colours in different pictures.

J models say 'made in Japan' at the bottom of the dial, along with '21 Jewels' under 'Diver's 200M'.

There's no difference apart from that. Lume is green IRL, just depends on the white balance of the picture.

mrk

mrk

Man of Honour
I always thought it was weird how on some watches like the Seiko above, the seconds hand lume pip was on the back of the needle, surely for timing purposes it is more logical to have the pip on the front, not the back.

Soldato
Bit late to get back in to this thread!

Is that a monster at the top? Lovely looking watch... Can I ask where and how much you paid please

Cheers

It's the Seiko Orange Monster. Creation Watches, this is the newer model with hacking ability. J donates that it is Japan made.. pinch of salt required.

Have got a large OCUK mouse-mat at both home and work pretty much purely to protect the clasp of my Submariner. It's still a bit scratched after a year of daily wear, but nowhere near what it would be if I used a bare desk.

That's actually a great idea, thanks. I will be purchasing two of these for home and work!

I'm probably going to get a lower range watch while I save for a Speedy, partly so I get used to having something on my wrist again. The below two watches seem interesting. WHich would you say is the better buy of the two?

Personally, I prefer the Steinhart for a few reasons. Firstly it's less sporty looking which makes it more flexible. Also I just prefer the look. The Steinhart is great value through and through. Sapphire glass, swiss movement and built so well (heavy!)

Last edited:
Back
Top Bottom