What watch do you wear?

Love the look of the face, especially with the blue details. Good find!

Thanks; the hands are gun metal blue as well, very nice color. I have to say, I half ignored Longines for a while, but now that I've discovered the brand, I've become a big fan.
Definitely has satiated my lust for a speedy too, for the moment ;-)

And, this is the 2 new watch day here ;-)

Evidenza arrived. Second hand for 1000 euros. It's really fantastic, the size is just perfect, it's very classy (and a bit blingy) -- the super domed crystal is gorgeous.
Sorry poor artificial light, I'll shoot it properly tomorrow.
_1000641.jpg

Very, very nice.

Evidenza arrived. Second hand for 1000 euros. It's really fantastic, the size is just perfect, it's very classy (and a bit blingy) -- the super domed crystal is gorgeous.

You sir, have good taste. :D:D;);):p

I love this watch. That style will never go away so it will be a proper air loom piece. Longines keep spares for every watch they make (something that was told to me when I went into their store last week) so keep it in good nick and this will certainly be an inheritance item.

Last edited:
I can't recommend the Seiko enough. I bought one from Creation for £120 a few weeks ago and still smile every time I go from a sunny place to a dark area :) It also seems very accurate as I haven't needed to amend the time (apart from the hour change at the end of last month).

If you wanted something that looked like an Explorer but isn't totally shoddy like that Parnis. Look at the Smiths Everest - http://wornandwound.com/2013/07/17/smiths-everest-timefactors-prs-25-review/

The SKX007 is nice too.

I like the Smith one; bar from the acrylic crystal; I don't think I'd buy a non-sapphire watch because to me, having a piece of synthetic sapphire to look at it a bit more exciting than any 'history' attached to the piece... but I have to say, it does look nice.

Hesalite is a good synthetic crystal; acrylic and other lower quality plastics are noticeably cheaper looking.
I'd never describe a sapphire crystal as "exciting" to look at :confused:

I don't know, I'm a geek, so imagining that sort of substance being 'grown' and end up being a lot harder than some non-transparent materials is exciting, to me :-)

How do SMPc owners find their lume is? Mine is like a nuclear reactor for an hour then rapidly drops off. I've not had it in the sun for longer than an hour or two but it's been sat under artificial light for an hour plus (not ideal I know) and it's still the same. I'm hopeful that actual Uv will yield better results?

Got this for my dad as a Christmas present, I'm wondering if it will be too complicated for him though.. He's never had a decent watch before.
11w3nzo.jpg

I was hesitating with this one when I bough mine -- what decided on mine was that it was a LOT thinner -- I was very tempted with yours, just because it's really neat, but it's also quite thick.. It's still a really fantastic watch tho, happy dad ;-)

_1000518.jpg

Back
Top Bottom